Acne Community
How to control itching and break outs on the inside of my hands

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I have had eczema every since I was 9 years old. But over a period of time it was in control. But my problem is my hands. The inside of my hands are severely broken out in an uncontrollable rash. I have done everything in my powers to keep my hands moisturize. From using shea butter to cortisone creams. I use cotton gloves to protect my hands but it only works temporary. My hands dry out in a matter of minutes and start cracking  and swelling. I am very  depressed and out of solutions I don't know what to do. Can you help me?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation or suggest a management plan. You could try using OTC anti-pruritic or 1% hydrocortisone cream when the symptoms are severe and see if it seems to help. It there seems to be no improvement, I would suggest consulting a dermatologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!