Acne Community
Nothing Works

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Nothing Works

I have suffered with acne my entire life. I am almost 23 and I still get it constantly. I have had enough. I have tried tons of different cleansers and nothing seems to help. I need help figuring out what I can do to treat this. I do not want to use anymore topical acne treatments; they just seem to irritate my skin. I break out daily, have combination oil/dry skin, i get blackhead, whiteheads, and once in a while cystic acne. I get larger red blemishes on my chin and and cheeks, and backheads/whiteheads around my nose. Does anyone have similar skin conditions that has tried something that has helped them?
I also suffer from such a condition. I had acne since i was 14 and now i'm 25. You jst have to listen to your skin and wash it twice daily with a suitable facewash or u may visit a dermartologist
Hey,
I would reccomend visiting a dermatologist there are several things that he or she may be able to try for your condition. Until then, try benzoyl peroxide 10% cream once or twice a day, and wash your face when you wake up and go to bed with cetaphil antibacterial soap with really warm water. Try to refrain from touching your face throughout the day as well. Hope his helps!
I had severe cystic acne from age 14 till 21. I was on accutane for a year or two which helped immensely however when I stopped the medication the acne came back. If your serious about acne you really need to trial a dairy free diet (milk and cheese). 85% of my cystic acne disappeared. Needless to say my dermatologist told me to discontinue dairy. Turns out the hormones in milk and cheese were affecting my skin. I still get a little acne on my chest and back which I started taking antibiotics for.
NO SUGAR. Eliminate dairy and fatty foods. Stick to your salad sandwiches and fresh fruit etc lean chicken and fish is ok. Drink heaps of water! Take vitaim A and zinc and fish oil capsules also help.

After showering you may carefully squeeze out your blackheads but be sure to rinse well after, first warm water then cold water to close the pores. Don't squeeze the pimples unless they are about to overflow with pus. Apply tea tree gel followed by aloe vera gel.