Acne Community
Red marks on accutane
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red marks on accutane

So I should start by sayin that initialy I started accutane on 22 June , after like 18 days my derm decided to stop and go on antibiotics+prednisone due an trrible inital break out, I re-take accutane on 27 July , all of my nodules/cyst are gone but they left TONS of red marks behind so my skin isn't looking any better just feels smother, so I have a few questions.
1)My nodules/cyst didin't really go away , I mean they did but now they are under my skin with redness(pih) on the surface, they are flat , no deppresion/dimple/hole so they are not scars.What does this mean?
2)I'm on a 7 mouth course , should I expect my red marks to fade on accutane , they already started I see improvment but slowly , will they fade on accutane?
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

While the acne is likely to get better with accutane the red spots are a common side effect of the medication, which are likely to resolve after discontinuing the treatment.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
anyone?
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

While the acne is likely to get better with accutane the red spots are a common side effect of the medication, which are likely to resolve after discontinuing the treatment.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Not red spots , red marks --> PIH
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources