Acne Community
Redness on tip of nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Redness on tip of nose

I have noticed a small red bump on my nose that is slightly elevated, but it is NOT a regular pimple (I don't think it is).  There is no whiteness or hardness forming.  It is only on the tip of my nose, and slightly hurts when i press on it.  It has been there for 3 days now, and is not going away.  What should I do?  Please help, it is so noticeable and red!
Your skin has a great ability to heal itself, but even a week seems like a long time when the lesion is in a noticable place. Apply a topical preparation containing Salicylic Acid and zinc to spead up healing time. I highly recommend the drying lotion by Bye Bye Blemish. You apply it precisely with a cotton bud to avoid drying out the healthy skin around the spot. You leave it on overnight and it really does reduce redness and improve the apperance of a spot overnight.
Eloise.