Redness on tip of nose

I have noticed a small red bump on my nose that is slightly elevated, but it is NOT a regular pimple (I don't think it is).  There is no whiteness or hardness forming.  It is only on the tip of my nose, and slightly hurts when i press on it.  It has been there for 3 days now, and is not going away.  What should I do?  Please help, it is so noticeable and red!
Your skin has a great ability to heal itself, but even a week seems like a long time when the lesion is in a noticable place. Apply a topical preparation containing Salicylic Acid and zinc to spead up healing time. I highly recommend the drying lotion by Bye Bye Blemish. You apply it precisely with a cotton bud to avoid drying out the healthy skin around the spot. You leave it on overnight and it really does reduce redness and improve the apperance of a spot overnight.
Eloise.