Acne Community
Sona cream (same as differin just another name) and sun?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I started using this sona cream that my dermatologist gave me in October. And in the instructions it says that I should avoid the sun. The cream is really strong and made my skin super sensitive and red now when I started using it but it helped with my acne. Now I'm scared that this cream mixed with sun can cause serious problems. I put it every night before I go to sleep and take it of in the morning. I  spend an hour a day in the sun walking my dog (5 pm -6 pm) I put sunscreen on my face few time but since there is no oil - free sunscreen anywhere near that I can buy I'm afraid that it could cause more acne. Should I stop using sona cream for now and start suing in after few months in the winter??? or should I just continue using it? and It's a same thin as differin just with another nam) .