Acne Community
Sudden onset of pimples

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Sudden onset of pimples

Hi there - I'm desperate for some advice.

I'm  a female in my early 30s and over the last 6 weeks (since late Sept) have suddenly began to have pimples on my face and neck in random places. I have never really suffered with any skin difficulties before even as a teenager. They don't appear to look like acne, i.e. white heads or blackhead, they don't hurt or itch, they just appear to be red pimples that last for 3 days and then dissapear. I do not have oily skin, wear only eye liner and lip stick, no foundation (never have). I am on the contaceptive pill (marvelon - have been for 4yrs), I had not had any change in routine or change in facial care - although I have now tried various different creams / lotions - to no affect.

I did join a gym in Aug and I go 3 - 4 times a week and usually sweat profusely but always shower and use an anti-bacterial wash almost immediately after working out.

I wonder whether it is the gym or whether perhaps it's a late onset allergy or even hormonal changes.

Please could you help.

Many thanks
I read the other day that the average age for acne in the UK has gone above 30 for the first time! Dianette or Yasmin would be a better contraceptive pill, as they're anti-androgen. The best prescription lotions are differin or dialacin-t. Over the counter remedies are less effective and i think you should see your doctor anyway to rule out a hormonal imbalance. Love loiloi xx