Sudden onset of pimples
Hi there - I'm desperate for some advice.

I'm  a female in my early 30s and over the last 6 weeks (since late Sept) have suddenly began to have pimples on my face and neck in random places. I have never really suffered with any skin difficulties before even as a teenager. They don't appear to look like acne, i.e. white heads or blackhead, they don't hurt or itch, they just appear to be red pimples that last for 3 days and then dissapear. I do not have oily skin, wear only eye liner and lip stick, no foundation (never have). I am on the contaceptive pill (marvelon - have been for 4yrs), I had not had any change in routine or change in facial care - although I have now tried various different creams / lotions - to no affect.

I did join a gym in Aug and I go 3 - 4 times a week and usually sweat profusely but always shower and use an anti-bacterial wash almost immediately after working out.

I wonder whether it is the gym or whether perhaps it's a late onset allergy or even hormonal changes.

Please could you help.

Many thanks
I read the other day that the average age for acne in the UK has gone above 30 for the first time! Dianette or Yasmin would be a better contraceptive pill, as they're anti-androgen. The best prescription lotions are differin or dialacin-t. Over the counter remedies are less effective and i think you should see your doctor anyway to rule out a hormonal imbalance. Love loiloi xx