Acne Community
White Patches Near Beard On Both Cheeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

White Patches Near Beard On Both Cheeks

9844796?1389780183
WHITE PATCHES On Both Both The Cheeks Near Beard. Can You Plz Tell Me What Is It????
My Doctor Has Prescibed Me  So Many Medicines Like ADAPLENE GEL, DERIVA CMS GEL,EPICLIN GEL,,EPICLIN A GEL But Nothing Has Worked Pls Tell How To REDUCE THESE WHITE PATCHES   PLZ PLZ
Hi there,
You could possibly be suffering from a condition called Pseudofolliculitis barbae .It  is more common in men who have naturally coarse or tightly curling thick hair and in areas where hair is shaved or plucked. It can make the skin look itchy and red, and appear like pimples which can also get infected. You may let your beard grow for 1 month and then shave with a moisturizing shaving foam and single razor blade. Shave in the direction of the follicle, not against it  and at night, apply a lotion containing glycolic acid to the affected areas. This exfoliates the surface skin cells and reduces the likelihood of new inflamed spots. In severe cases glycolic acid peels and laser hair removal can be tried.Few other close differentials of your condition are follculitis,acne bumps and tinea barbae.

You should check this out with a local dermatologist.  Hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank