Acne Community
Will I lose the effect by taking 1 week break from accutane?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

so yeah, ive been on accutane 2 days and need to take 1 week break. will this reduce any effect?
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Isotretinoin or accutane is usually indicated for acne. However, it is recommended that you take it as prescribed and not take it for shorter or longer periods of time to prevent side effects, interaction or loss of efficacy. Other factors to consider include the diagnosis and your medical history. It is best that you discuss this with your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hello Dr Santos!

Basically, The thing is that I forgot to tell my doctor that I stopped taking my antibiotics (tetralysal, same as tetracyclin) pills the day before I started accutane.

So I sent him an email regarding me quitting antibiotics the day before and he wanted me to stop the accutane pills for 1 week and then start over again. Does this effect anything? Does it for example reduce the effect of accutane? I'm afraid that it wont work as good as it would be if I didn't take the 1 week break.