Acne Community
acne scar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

acne scar

Hi I'm 22 years old and I got a terrible acne scar on the side of my lip.I. remember I art some gresy pork chops late at night and when I woke up the next morning I had a pimple on the side of my lip.I could of just left it alone but it iritated me so much I popped it and now it was left me a bad scar. I stoped talking to many people cause I am embarrassed to show my face.
Hi there!

To keep your skin acne free it is advised to keep it clean and oil free at all times. Wash the face atleast 2-3 times a day with a mild soap and keep it adequately moisturized. For mild acne one could use ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin; while for severer ones it is best advised to consult a dermatologist.
          For the scars you could try any OTC skin lightening creams/ ointments containing tretinoin, hydroquinone, arbutin, azelaic acid, niacinamid etc. If these do not seem to help, you may consider seeing a dermatologist for alternative management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!