Acne Community
large infected pimple in pelvic area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

large infected pimple in pelvic area

I have one of those pimples that are deep under the skin. I'm not sure what the correct term is. I'm certain that its infected and it is dark red in color, about the size of a nickel. It is located in the upper part of my pelvic region just below my stomach. In this area, it is very difficult to avoid contact with and I'm sure this is the reason why it's not going away. I've tried to dry it out by applying astringent and dressing witth gauze. I'm not sure if this is helping or making it worse. I've also tried the same dressing with salycylic acid acne medication. This brought down the swelling a bit, but burns a little.  I do this overnight with minimal swelling reduction that only returns, probably because of the constant rubbing from the waistband of my underwear/pants.

Any ideas ? Please help. This thing is painful! I've snapped the waistbands of my gym shorts on it a couple of times by accident, trying to adjust it so there's no contact. I've never grimaced quite like it before.

Please help.

Thank you.
Hi. How long have you had this lesion for? It may require medical attention such as a cortizone shot.
You have tried to reduce the swelling and dry it out, but this lesion is exposed to physical trauma from clothing because of its position.
Eloise.
Thanks Eloise. I appreciate the immediate feedback. Last night I dressed it with the same salycylic acne spot treatment and this morning I found that the lesion had a small opening. I redressed it immediately with with some salycylic face wash(it's all i had) and just now found out that throughout the morning, my constant sitting and standing had forced puss to leak. The pimple is now completely flat but still open. I've made an appointment to see a doctor but it won't be until next week. Any suggestions on what I can do in the mean time ? Should i stop dressing it? If not, what ointment/medicine do you suggest I use ?

Thank you so much.
I'm having the same problem. I had it once before and the doctor just recommended NEOSPORIN. Clean the infected area atleast twice a day and put neosporin in the morning and at night. Hope you feel better.. Also, try wearing baggy clothing so it wont rub as much!

DeBra
I had the same problem a few years ago.  It is more like a boil than a pimple. I would be hot compresses on it until it opened and started leaking.  I would then try to pop it like I would a pimple.  Puss and blood will come out, but it has a hard core inside.  Once you get the core out the problem will heal up and go away. Not had any trouble since.  

Maybe this will help!
hey guys , you helped me out a whole lot! I was scared ******** when i saw this, had it once before  and they freakin hurt! iim pretty sure its when i play the drums every single day and sweating all over. but im sooo glad this isnt bad and im not alone