Acne Community
need expert help concerning acne meds and b5

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

My situation-
I've been taking Minocycline (200mg/day) for about 3 years now, with 1 break. My doctor never told me I needed to take breaks (so I never did.)
I really believe that it does nothing for me anymore because I am immune to it, but I still take it in fear that I will have major breakouts.
I tried taking B5, but my hair began to thin so much that i could see my scalp on the sides of my head where I never could have before, and my hairline moved back at least an inch. 5mg a day really helped my acne, but in my opinion, i'd rather have acne and not lost my hair since I am only 19... -_-

I was just prescribed Doxycycline from my doctor in order to see if there would be a difference from Minocycline. How long should I stop taking minocycline before I start Doxycycline? How should I cycle off minocycline?

Any advice/trolls who provide good advice would be greatly appreciated
Hi there!

I am surprised by the fact that you have been prescribed minocycline continuously for 3 years!!! Antibiotics are meant for short-moderate term use, as and when considered absolutely necessary. Taking any antibiotic for more than the advised time limit, when not required or without prescription is not advised. Continuous use makes that bacteria resistant and these would not be effective when required. Hence the cause of your “immunity”. Anyhow I would suggest discontinuing the antibiotic and seeking immediate help of a licensed dermatologist for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Along with Hygene, cleanliness, Azelex cream is one of the effective option for acne treatment.

Azelex is a popular topical medication for treating mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris, a common skin disorder found mostly in teenagers.

One of the popular misconceptions about acne is that it is a skin disorder that can affect only teenagers, while adults are hardly at risk. Nothing however, could be further from the truth ñ for acne can make an unwanted appearance even in adults at any stage of their life.

Azelaic Acid (Azelex 20%):It is nothing but saturated carboxylic acid in its natural form. It has been found effective in eliminating acne-causing bacteria and is used to treat mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris. It is meant for dermatolgic use only ñ it should be applied to the skin twice daily, or as instructed directed by your doctor.

Take advantage of recent 15% discount coupon code 6081X and Free Shipping Coupon code 2880I