Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Community
Blood test

This is a pediatric and adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) patient community. Topics covered include causes, clinical trials, complications, diagnosis, prognosis, medical questions, treatments, or other Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) related questions.

Blood test

I have a low WBC of 3.2 (range 4.8 to 10.8) and low lymphocyte absolute of .9 (range 1.2 to 4.0)
and a low globulin of 2.2 (range 2.4 to 3.9).  All others metabloic panel was normal without
any problems.  Any sugestions on what is going on?
Hi!
Low globulin is seen in kidney disease, hemolytic anemia, liver disease, malnutrition, etc. It is very important to know the albumin globulin ratio. If there is increased infection and the body cannot fight it, the WBC start going down as the pathogen start engulfing them. However, if there is no fever, it is not due to infection.  Chemotherapy, and radiation therapy are the other causes. Other common causes of low WBC are flu, lupus, Hodgkin's lymphoma, some types of cancer, typhoid, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, enlarged spleen or hyper-spleenism, and folate deficiency.
Infection, aplastic anemia and other bone marrow disorders, HIV, hepatitis or liver infection, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, etc., can cause low lymphocytes.
Hence, it is important to rule out liver causes, bone marrow sdisorders and prolonged infections and autoimmune process. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I had a blood test taken a few days ago and the result was     WBC   FOR MONO.ABS    .73.  I'VE NEVER HAD IT THAT HIGH.  COULD YOU PLEASE TELL WHAT THAT MEANS?  THANKS!
On my last comment I was incomplete.  So, here's the scoop.  

I had a blood test taken a few days ago and the result:  

WBC FOR MONO. ABS.  .73   HIGH
LYMPH   10.0       LOW

Could you tell me what those numbers mean?    I have not been feeling well since the beginning of Dec. 2013.