Addiction Chat Group User Group
I was taking this
About This Group:

This is a chat group for anyone who needs to vent about thier problems with addiction to opiates (including methadone), benzos, tranquilizers, sedatives, alcohol, cocaine, methamphetamine and any other drug that is causing you problems in your life or that have become a normal part of your life, like drinking water and eating.

Founded by drekOK on September 28, 2009
434 members

I was taking this

Is Seroquel an addictive drug?  It helped me sleep, no "high"..just curios!
not addictive in the sense that you have to take it... no withdrawl (withdrawal) if you stop taking it... it does help you sleep... reduces or takes away completely any nightmares you may have... but be careful when taking it - that first 20 minutes you could fall or injure yourself if you aren't sitting down... and DO NOT drive or operate machinery on that medication... it is very strong.  

also possible weight gain with continued use... I am not a doctor, but ai have been on Seroquel on and off for about 5 yrs... I recently stopped taking it, because I had lap-band surgery and actually want to lose weight... almost impossible to lose weight wile taking Seroquel...

how much are you on?
try to help me understand why the doc prescribed me seroquel in high doses 3 times a day to get me through withdrawals i dont really understand maybe some one else will
This may be pessimist BUT I was warned (prior to meeting him) that my psychiatrist was on a board that profited from the sales of Seroquel. He barely got my information before recommending it to me.  Don't rule out ulterior motives.

My experience with it some 10 years ago was it made me almost incapacitated, i needed physical help to stand up to start my day.  I only took it 2 days.

Depending on what you are withdrawing from, there are resources on this Medhelp page for common drug substitutions.  For example Valium is often substituted for Benzo withdrawal because it has a longer half life, meaning the withdrawl (withdrawal) can be much more gradual.
anotherda another drug addict. Comment
1 hr ago
ang_811 commented on 10356's status
anotherda added the Addiction Recovery Tracker
Aug 19