Addiction: Social Community
Day 25

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Day 25

Hi all,
I haven't posted much but I thought some good news might help. I quit oxy's c/t 25 days ago and I feel great...no residual problems whatsoever and quite frankly the withdrawals were not anywhere close to what I feared.....dumb luck maybe....I don't discount what others are going through but at least for me, the experience just wasn't that tough. Good luck to all.
wow...25 days...yippee...wooohooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it hasn't been that long ago...maybe just a couple of weeks that there was a post on whether or not the anxiety and fear caused the w/d's to seem like they are worse than they really are.

glad you had an easy time with it :)
CONGRADTS...25 days is hugh, and also i am happy it was not that bad for you..Keep posting to give us hope.
r2r
That is wonderul.  Thanks for sharing.
Day 4 cold turkey off vicodin and ready to get on with life.

25 days is terrific!!
Wow!!!   i was wondering how you were doing and am so glad to know you are staying clean.  Its great to see that things do get better.   Keep up the good work, you are truly an inspiration!
Again, I'm not discounting what others apparently go through but I did some major oxy's for 5 straight years......and the physical withdrawals were a lot less than any flu I ever had....and no psych residual problems, lack of energy etc... really truly......why lie here? The secret for me I think was to say "f**k it" I'm done no matter what.....then what I feared (withdrawals) just didn't happen. I think sometimes we obsess over the withdrawals, the pills, the omg's to the point where we freak and give up. I'll try and post a little more frequently. I actually had to stop and think how many days it had been b/c I just don't even think about the oxys anymore....nice feeling.
so glad to hear that...I also think alot is in our minds, and it plays a big part in this...Did you taper at all???
god bless, and continue your road to recovery forever!!
r2r
Great job on staying clean.  I am on day 2 and so far have had very mild w/d symptoms.  I can't wait for day 25!!!  I agree about the whole psych. thing, I was fed up with the pills (vic., perc., & oxy.) and just quit.  I am still thinking about the pills, but I really don't want any.  I enjoy reading the post from those of us who have made it, good for you.
Good job on 25 days. Are you in miami?
yes I'm in miami and no i didn't taper. I just quit.