Addiction: Social Community
Hurricane GUSTAV

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Hurricane GUSTAV

For anyone in the path of Gustav: Stay safe and good luck.  Batten down the hatches. This looks to be a bad one. I hope you all come out of it ok.
please all stay safe!! good post... and here I'm complaining about the heat in Cali..
I am in Cali.  Along the coast and it was really nice today.  Overcast and cool.  The way I like it.........

To anyone in the path of Gustov......You are in my prayers.

Hi Mags.........I miss you and your sis out here.  Did you get the peticure?????  if so, PM me and let me know if its a keeper.  I am seeing more and more ads for it, but I haven't bought it.......yet.

Nauty...............
i am right here where they say say it is supposed to hit. AAUUGGHH
Everyone stay safe!! You all are in my prayers!
For those of you that have no idea what it's like to prepare for a hurricane during work hours, here's a bit of info of the way we handle it here in Louisiana as we watch the progress of the storm based upon the hurricane's intensity:

Hurricane Category #1
No excuse for being late for work. Leave earlier to give extra time to
avoid fallen trees and limbs.

Hurricane Category #2
Due to the horizontal rain, you may wear jeans.

Hurricane Category #3
Whereas most of the area will be flooded we suggest you
avoid wearing open toe sandals when coming to work. Canoes will be
provided to get to the building safely without getting wet.

Hurricane Category #4
More than likely there will be no electricity. Given that, we
will have manual typewriters available to all staff members. Please take
extra caution and wear water-proof make-up if Category 4 or above.

Hurricane Category #5
Velcro will be provided to keep you attached to your chairs when
the windows blow out. For those that survive, we will have chocolate
cake at 3:00 pm in the kitchen.
LMAO...  I use to work for a company just like that.
rofl...tooooooo funny.

it's heading my way...aaarrrggghhh.  looks like i might have to pull the pin on the hurricane shutters, pack up, and run from this one!!!
I'd post the tracker but last time I got link blocked....
Wel'll try again....
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

wunderground.com/tropical/
Looks like you'll be okay over there.........you'll get the rain.

The levee project in New Orleans has never been completed since Katrina & the pump stations not repired either.  Oh Boy!  
Enemy:  That was good! LOL

Everyone in the path:

I wish you well, and hope you all remain safe, good luck.  : )
you're right...looks like it's going more west.  i pray for everyone in its path...this is horrible!!!!!
What a joke!  I'm 2 hours from New Orleans prepping mom's house & filling the vehicles.  They've changed the gas prices to $3.70 a gallon!  That's right, just take advantage of the victims.  

Most stations are out of gas by this time, and if not, you have wait in a line for miminum 20 minutes.  Fun.
stay safe every one Xx
You are too funny, girl!!

I hope all of you in the path stay safe and out of harms way.
I'll keep you in my prayers...........hugs!

I just filled my tank yesterday...I thought I was getting  a GOOD price for gas @ $3.76!!
STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!!!
Good luck to all of you in it's path. Stay safe. Don't take chances, evacuate. Feeling very bad for you all. Your in my prayers.
BTW Gustav is a category 3 now.
(Sorry I posted this first in the political topic... that's what happens when I feel the adrenaline rush and have lots of tabs/windows open....)
I am glad to see everyone is getting proper warnings and getting out in time this time, good to see the advanced preparation for this one, it will save a lot of lives...

and i just heard on the news it is POSSIBLE for it to hit category 4 before it hits.
please stay safe and out of harms way.

our gas is $3.92 per gallon!  geez...we're getting screwed here...LOL!
just heard...it is now a category 4 storm, predicted to be worse than Katrina...
please be prepared and take care all..
I see they expect a cat 5 out of it....eep...
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200807.html
This sounds really fierce !!  I hope you all in the path get out !.......I'm terrified and its not even coming my way!

Holy Cr ap !!!

Nauty.............
wow i somehow have been too busy to watch the weather lately (yes, me, the crazy storm chasing, weather obsessed nut job here!!) and had no idea it was a Cat 4 now!! and projected to be a 5??? still heading straight at N.O.???  holy ****. You guys are in my prayers!!!!  what day is it expected to make landfall?
It's expected to make landfall Tuesday morning.

I'm in Lafayette w/my elderly mom.  As for now, Lafayette will be a direct hit.  

That's not always the worst, but of course is still really bad.  If you're to the right of the eye, or east, you're in danger of the tornados it brings and wind gusts.  

We're far enough from the gulf, so out of threat of a gulf surge, but we do have many rivers & bayous & lakes, not to mention the Atchafalaya Basin.

They have started contraflows on the interstates.  If you haven't gotten food, batteries, medications and gas by now, you pretty much screwed yourself.

As of today, a manditory evacuation has been issued for Lafayette Parish only if you live in a mobile home, weaker older house or if you have special medical needs.

Hope this fills you in you storm chaser!
I haven't had a chance to watch much news either. I have family in Pensacola, Florida. Does anyone know if they will be affected? They are right on the gulf, in the panhandle. I'm thinking they'll at least get a lot of rain and wind from this. I tried to contact them and haven't heard back.
I would prefer to be there, than here!  Florida should get rain bands from the hurricane, but is not in the path of the storm.  They should be okay.

Why don't you give them a call?
Yeah, but you never know with hurricanes! They can be unpredictable and turn suddenly. So, they didn't evacuate you guys? I heard it's going to be pretty strong. Are you getting pretty nervous? Are you planning on leaving or  are you going to try and sit it out?
I'll keep all of you in my prayers.
God bless.
I am more nervous for this storm that I've ever been in my life, and believe me.......I've been through a ton of hurricanes.  

2 reasons:

My mom is elderly & on oxygen & a nebulizer.  I stocked up on 8 oxygen tanks, and they don't use electricity, so that's okay.  The nezulizer does, but we have an electrical converter for that.  The heat will be bad for her.  If it gets too unbearable, the neighbor across the street's electricity is hooked up w/the hospital, so it's never out long and we're welcome there.  She's also running a little fever right now.  So basically, I'm scared for my mom.

The second reason is that the storm's path is bending west.  That puts us just east of the eye which is the worst place to be.  Mom's house is strong and solid, but when you have tonados, it hardly matters.

There's a coolie running along her back yard.  Posibility of that overflowing is great.  New carpets will be the only good outcome of that.  Snakes, alligators & many creatures could greet you at the door if this happens.

We have not evacuated, and won't unless manditory.  We're 4 generations helping out each other w/whatever is needed.  My sister has a gorgeous camp in Cypermore Point and flood ins there doesn't happen.  They could loose everything.  I went this morning to lug things from the 1st up to the 3rd level.  An elevator would have been really nice.  Ooh, my calves are gonna be sore!

So now, we just wait.  For what?  To see if it turns or if we need to run.  
I am praying for all of you that may be affected! Everyone please stay safe and i expect check ins from all when you can!! haha!! Seriously though, please let us all know that you all are ok !
Just saw on the news the governor is ordering mandatory evacuation for all of New Orleans. They are calling this the storm of the century and that it could be worse than Katrina.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. enemy48, let us know when you can how everything fared there.
God be with you, my friend.
April
My Prayers go out to all of you who are in the wake of the storm.
May God bless you all and keep you safe from harms' way.
God Bless All of You!
I am by where its going to hit and I have surgery tuesday morning, I hope that everyone is safe and ok, I have family in New Orleans and Baton Rouge so im praying for all of us =)
We just got gas and its nuts almost 4 dollars a gallon here ! WOW
Surely your family in New Orleans has left, or will first thing in morning.  It's mandatory!

I have family in Baton Rouge too.  I'm so worried for them.  Their house is weak and they're old.  Baton Rouge is to the right of the storm......not good.

$4.00 for gas now?  I freaked at $3.70.  Others here thought that was low b/c apparently they've been paying more........but gas prices dropped to as low as $3.45, then all of a sudden, because of the storm, it went back up........at a time like this!  That's really taking advantage of people.  As it is, we have to stock up on canned foods ready to eat, batteries, emergency supplies, etc, and lots don't really have extra money for that.

Call your relatives!
yeah, we are out of school until atleast Friday for the time being.  Buses are being used and the gyms are being set up as shelters.

Keep safe guys
They all went to Baton Rouge, To where other family are . As far as us we wait and see what happens, We wont get a direct hit but the storms will still be really bad

Im still sending prayers for everyone
They say gas prices will increase because of the storm because of the oil rigs that will be affected. I heard on the news, though, that they moved them out into deeper water. They said they learned their lesson from Katrina. They're hoping they can withstand the storm.
Take care, all. Come back and let us know how you all are doing when you can. God bless you all.
I'm praying for all of you. May God watch over you, your pets and your homes. This is just to scary.  
These storms etc are all part of global warming. The nation/world really needs to do something fast. Alternate energy sources. etc.

God Bless all of you.
Hurricane GUSTAV is 150 miles to our west (south west florida) and we just had a gust of wind that rocked the house and the tide is over the seawall.  I'm in contiuned prayer for everyone in it's path...we have tornado watches currently and some gusts of heavy rain...stay safe everyone, get out of its way!  learn from the past!
God richest Blessings
How can we be affected w/gas prices because of the rigs in the Gulf?  

Aren't we like just reserving that?  Aren't we still depending on foreign oil?

I should know this, but I guess I don't.  Duh me.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS! THANK GOD THE HURRICANE WAS NOT AS BAD IN NEW ORLEANS METRO AREA! I RODE IT OUT! IVE BEEN THROUGH KATRINA, SO THIS WAS NOTHING!
THANKS AGAIN AND FOR ALL THE COMMENTS...YA'LL ARE SO SWEET!
IM SO LUCKY TO HAVE YA'LL!
MICHELLEXOXO