Addiction: Social Community
codiene otc in cincinnati

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

codiene otc in cincinnati

i live in a relatively small suburb in cincy. For years I have been an addict. I Recently well six months ago found a small pharmacy in town. I have been buying codiene cough syrup with either expectorant or guaninefissen i sign a legal narcotic log, pay 10 dollars. Is then i know not better but at all safer than pills like vics percs?
If your question is codiene safer on your body than taking opiates, i would say----- yes, but if you glup it down and drink than no. It can make you addicated as opiates do and than you will want to move up to something stronger. Hope that answers your question the way i read it.
Absoutley not! I have a degree in clinical psychology and am a former Vicodin addict, and have abused many other drugs. Codiene is also an opiate, and taking it in liquid  form with guaninefissen in large amounts is bad. Large amounts meaning tablespoons or chugging a bit from the bottle is very dangerous! Codiene is addicting enough, and cough syrups containing guaninefissen (an expectorant) will increase your heatbeat and cause nausea. Liquid codiene is absorbed much quicker into the bloodstream, and can be just as addicting if not more than pills. This is quite disturbing. Obviously I am not going to pass judgement, but you are dealing with an illegal pharmacy. Can't tell you what to do, but be careful man. It is no safer on your body than any other drug. You can even overdose easier on narcotic cough syrups and become very sick if you abuse it. I don't know what your habits are, I am new to this forum, and have not read everyone's bio, but just be careful. I would hate to see something bad happen to you. God Bless!
:(

Dam stuff is how I got started so long ago, god I wish I could go back
Number one, this pharmacy is not illegal, this syrup cannot contain more than 8mg of codeine per dose and in some states including Ohio, it is legal to sell codeine otc as long as it doesn't contain more than 8mg per dose and it is recorded in a log. The sale of otc cough preps with codeine is at the discretion of the pharmacists. Number two, liquid codeine is not absorbed any faster than in tablet form, they are both forms of oral dosing and take the same amount of time for the body to process. However, yes, codeine is an addictive opiate but if you are getting any kind of relief from such small amounts of codeine you shouldn't have much, if any at all, complications from dis-continuing the drug. To prevent any withdrawl (withdrawal) syndrome, slowly reduce the dose of the cough syrup you take and reduce per daily dosing. In all reality if the use of this codeine is not taking a toll on your finances or family life you are probably are better off than with Vics and Percs which have alot more potential for abuse. Maybe you should consult a doc who treats addiction. Please feel free to ask any more ?'s, hope I was able to help any.