Addiction: Social Community
over the counter detox kits

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

over the counter detox kits

I was just wondering what over the counter detox kits are good for, does anyone know if they help with any of the prescription drugs.  I've just seen them advertised and wondered what they are for.
thx
deb
deb,
hey lady ,long time no see.I wish I could help ya here but i have really never heard about the home detox kits .Why what is up ? do you think hubby is back on his DOC ????????
Thinking of you
avis
hey there, glad to see you...I also don't know anything about them....maybe someone will post that knows something about them...
hugs to u
r2r
Thx ladies, just not sure what those things are for and was curious.  Yes we are back on day 3 of c/t and it's really rough.  Not much rest lastnight for him was in the bathroom all night.  And we go from aching real bad all over to the foggy head syndrome. This time seems to be worse than a couple of months ago when he went through the withdrawals and got clean for about a month.  It breaks my heart when I read all of these posts and I have just been lurking for a bit, but when it's your spouse and your watching them suffer through this it just hurts really bad and I start searching for ways to ease the pain of the w/d.  He'll make it, with the grace of God.  
Hope you ladies are doing well.  I haven't been seeing many of the regulars around lately and I don't know whether that is a good thing or not.  I know when I wasn't posting things had gone from bad to worse. But I"m gonna try to stay positive and assume the season has everyone staying busy.  I continue to pray that everyone is being blessed and staying strong.
love ya'll,
deb
I hate to hear this...Was he in pain again?  carpul tunnel??
I don't remember if he tried the clonodine last time??
that helped me ALOT!!
god bless u 2
r2r
No...no pain, just relapse with the hydros.......ugh.  Yes he tried the clonodine but didn't seem to help, but the dr. only gave him a 1mg patch...i don't think it was strong enough.  He has had a few xanax that has helped with the thomas recipe. He has turned all his attention and time to God for strength.....and has the faith of a mustard seed, so I know in time all will work out.
How are you doing?  I hope all is well with you and your family.
deb
things are great...i am over 90 days off of hydros'...i have heard and read that the patch does not work like the pills....they helped me so much..
I have faith in him too he will make it...
lets us know how he is doing
is he taking hot baths??
r2r
The patches don't work as well for this. It should be the pill, and it should be 3x daily. (assuming the standard dose). Tell your hubby to try a different doctor. I had trouble getting a doc to give me the right script as well. It took four times before I got one to say he'd be willing to do it as instructed.
Oh, the kits if it's what I think you're referring to are just vitamin supplements and the like. They aren't very good for opiate detox, although the smoking ones aren't to bad.
hubby and I tried a home detox kit. it came withtwo herbal bottles of stuff and a cd.  It did nothing. wd's from lortab were still just as described on board.  one of the botle was a vitamin supplement and the other was a supplement to help regulate one's bowels.  we stopped after 1 1/2 weeks- switched to the thomas recipe. recently stopped that (2 days ago). I think the L-tyrosine really helps, but after a while I think it hindered me.  i wouldn't try the home detox kit again (at least not the one I had)