Aa
A
A
Close
Low cortisol levels, now what?
I have been dealing with symtoms of adrenal insufficiency for quite some time, extreme fatigue, irritability, muscle aches..... Finally, I convinced a friend of mine who is a nurse practitioner to check cortisol level.  First level was 1.0, and the repeat check was 2.9.  Incidentally, first set of labs had a low T4, and second set of labs had a normal T4, but low T3uptake, could this be related in any way?  TSHAny suggestions on what I should do next. Should I try to get in with an endocrinologist, and if so, does anyone have any recommendations on good endocrinologist in Morgantown, WV or Pittsburgh area?  Please help!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
You should also check ACTH to get the entire loop (cortisol and ACTH work together) and sodium and potassium as those with AI have sodium and K issues typically - a crisis is when Na drops and K spikes.

Try Alleghany Endocrinology Associates in Pittsburgh at Alleghany General Hospital. Or however you spell it...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have Addisions Disease which is primary you need to get into see an endocrinologist asap.   Below is a website you may find helpful it has alot of info on adrenal insufficency

http://www.**************.***

Christine
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Also on the T3 and T4 issue, sometimes people only need either T3 or T4 not both in order for their thyroid to function correctly, I would have your doc check all three levels.  By testing your free T3 and Free T4 along with you TSH levels that will give you a whole view on whats happening with your thyroid,

Christine
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
168348 tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine 's ear surgery for kitty ag... Comment
3 hrs ago
Blank
AlyssaWhite0908 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
13 hrs ago
242912 tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on photo
Aug 25
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
gimel
MI
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
rumpled