Adrenal Insufficiency Community
Low cortisol levels, now what?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low cortisol levels, now what?

I have been dealing with symtoms (symptoms) of adrenal insufficiency for quite some time, extreme fatigue, irritability, muscle aches..... Finally, I convinced a friend of mine who is a nurse practitioner to check cortisol level.  First level was 1.0, and the repeat check was 2.9.  Incidentally, first set of labs had a low T4, and second set of labs had a normal T4, but low T3uptake, could this be related in any way?  TSHAny suggestions on what I should do next. Should I try to get in with an endocrinologist, and if so, does anyone have any recommendations on good endocrinologist in Morgantown, WV or Pittsburgh area?  Please help!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
657231 tn?1453836403
You should also check ACTH to get the entire loop (cortisol and ACTH work together) and sodium and potassium as those with AI have sodium and K issues typically - a crisis is when Na drops and K spikes.

Try Alleghany Endocrinology Associates in Pittsburgh at Alleghany General Hospital. Or however you spell it...
Blank
I have Addisions Disease which is primary you need to get into see an endocrinologist asap.   Below is a website you may find helpful it has alot of info on adrenal insufficency

http://www.**************.***

Christine
Blank
Also on the T3 and T4 issue, sometimes people only need either T3 or T4 not both in order for their thyroid to function correctly, I would have your doc check all three levels.  By testing your free T3 and Free T4 along with you TSH levels that will give you a whole view on whats happening with your thyroid,

Christine
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 30
Blank
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Apr 09
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
MI
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
Northern, NJ
Adrenal Insufficiency Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...