Inert ingredients in meds
This is more a comment than question. I had a med prescribed for migraines (I was taking it at night) and the next day I woke and my asthma had flared and I was congested. Not knowing if this from dust (we just moved) or the med I continued the med for about 2-3 more days getting worse. Then I decided to read the inert ingredients and learned that one of them was lactose monohydrate. Two main foods I cannot have are gluten and caisen (dairy). I was mad pharm companies should know better than to use any ingredient that is one of the top 10 food allergies! From now on before I start any med I am going to make sure I know ALL the inert ingredients.
I noticed something similar with a medication I use for IBS.  What I don't get is why use this ingredient that is a common issue for people with IBS for a medication meant for IBS?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If there is an allergic history, carefully read ingredient lists. It is always best to strictly avoid food allergens. Many people with food allergens also need to avoid eating at restaurants or at least certain types of restaurants. Also, steroid inhalers could prevent wheezing episodes. Warm regards.

We have similar issues described with fillers for reflux and also for thyroid meds!  You'd think the filler would be other than lactose!!!!!

Please keep us posted.  You've gotten terrific advice!

C~