Allergic Reaction
this morning i woke up and my lip was greatly swollen my top lip it is. i had a few drinks last night ate pancake and sausage at the IHOP. i also ate a bowl of sliced lemons can lemons cause my top lip to blow up over night? i am a diabetic and have bp issues...do you think its my meds?..but been taken them for years or could it be the lemons
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Allergic reactions can cause hives ( raised red blotches, itchy or painful ) swelling of the tongue/ lips/ throat, dizziness, and many other symptoms. The swelling could be due to angioedema. This is swelling of the deeper layers of the skin due to an allergic reaction. The reaction occurs more commonly on the face around the lips and near the eyes. Therapy lies in identifying the allergens and avoiding them and antihistamines. Its difficult to predict what the allergen was. So, maintain a diary and note down your symptoms. This will help to narrow down the search. Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation. In the meantime take OTC antihistamines like benadryl.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thanks Dr actually my lip went down after one full day and half  i went to the after hours and they mention that i may be allergic to ace inhibitors. i have to follow up with my prim care dr this week

Thanks for your help