Allergy Community
Allergy/ Sinustis help please

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergy/ Sinustis help please

I live in the Caribbean and I think i may be allergic to pollen. Whenever a certain mango (julie) flowers, I feel as if I am getting the flu. I never really get it and I am sick almost everyday. I have taken many allergy meds and I never get real relief. I have seen too much of my ENT's and Allergy doctor's offices. I am always tired, sometimes I lose my apetite and let me not get started on how I feel when I get insect bites. Has anyone used anything that has worked for them?
My other question is this, When the weather changes (rainy) and when mangoes are in bloom I sometimes 'black-out'; not faint but lose my vision (temporarily), get dizzy and I lose my balance and I have a runny nose and pains in my face, head and neck. My symptoms are progressively getting worse. All my doctors say is that I have a lot of allergies. Do these symptoms happen to anyone else?? Help anyone? Please!!!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your concern. It is evident from your history that you could most probably be suffering from allergic rhinitis, sinusitis and allergic rashes. These diseases are usually triggered by an allergen. These allergens, when exposed to initiate immune mediated reactions which will result in the symptoms you experience. The allergic history usually runs in families.

So, the problem can be tackled at three levels.

At the allergen level, since you are aware of the allergens, they are best avoided. You can either avoid exposure to these allergens or desensitize yourself with the help of an allergy specialist.

The second level is prevention of the attacks. For this, there are steroidal sprays for allergic rhinitis and certain targeted medications. The steroid content is very minimal in sprays and long-term use will prevent attacks.

When you have an attack, you can use an antihistamine (like Cetzine) for allergic rhinitis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I am very very grateful for your help. I will visit my pharmacy today to get Cetzine. I am willing to try anything. Thank you again!
I tried other antihistamine but never Cetzine