ALLERGY
COMMUNITY
Allergy rash on penis head
by nick158, Apr 25, 2011
I have had this problem for quite a while now. I've seen a dermathologist and he examined the surface with a glass and microscope. He said that I had an allergic reaction and gave me a cream. The cream worked, but the allergies rash keeps coming. I put cream and it's gone. I use baby soap for washing. I cannot make out what causes it. It doesn't itch, just red spots at random places on penis head. I am not curcumsized.

I have noticed that once I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend(i always use a condom except this time) the rash came the same night and very aggressive. I put cream and it was gone in two days. I've excluded clothing and detergents as an agutator, cuz the rash always is on the penis head where contact is minimal, if at all. The only contact there is water, baby soap, and an eventual condom. I always wash my hands good, even when I urinate.

Any advice?!?! pls help
Member Comments (3)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Apr 29, 2011
It can be due to chafing or dermatitis skin. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

by nick158, Jun 01, 2011
I would exclude friction redness, I am careful when I wash.

Could it be fungus? Sometimes I do notice white-ish coating at places in the morning before I wash.
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Jun 01, 2011
The white coating on penis could be due to smegma deposits which is anormal secretion of the penis. However to completely rule out any fungal infection, I would suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get KOH examination and fungal culture done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.