Hair Dye Allergy and Painful Swelling?!
I just dyed my hair the other day at an Aveda salon. My hair line is extremely swollen and painful and the glands behind my ears are as well. They are sore to the touch and honestly kind of lumpy! -- am I in any danger? Will this just go away? Should I be worried? It's been about 48 hours since I dyed my hair.
Thanks!
Thank you to all for your advises. I've been coloring my hair for 30 years due to grey hair. I've never experienced this allerdic reaction so terrible like this last time. I colored my hair at a salon which I've been going to for several months already, must say that the product did make my scalp itch a lot more than before. Nevertheless I was so happy with the color, cut and service I figured some itch is well worth it. Well, on Thursday I had my roots done a light highlight and an hour later I found myself scratching.  Friday came around as the itching was uncontrollable. Couldn't sleep a wink found myself with my scalp pounding, itching like crazy, headache and lumps around my neck and behind my ears not to mention swollen face (I didn't need botox) decide to put ice packs allover my head and
Sorry didn't finish, so I jumped in a cold shower first thing in the morning grabbed my laptop and began searching, and I came across this awesome website. I've been taking Claritin during day, benadryl to sleep plenty of ice for swollen areas and this is the best part for the crazy itchy scalp. Aloe Vera plant opened and crushed inside with honey and a capsule of benadryl opened put al over the scalp and left for 3 hours washed off with cool water no shampoo nor conditioner brushed and let air dry. Oh what a relief. Swelling is gradually going down, the only thing I notice not changing quick enough is the bumps in neck and behind the ears. Thanks again for all your postings  
I have been using 15W warm brown of the clairol beautiful collections without any incidents.  But as soon as I go to the shop and the tech puts in rich dark brown from the grey beautiful collections my hair went from brown to black and the tingling, itching and swelling around ears neck and head began.  I used prednisone, cortisoid 10, aloe vera juice to combat swelling and itching.  Head feels a great deal better neck starting to go back to natural color from the purple it turned. And this was Saturday.
Just warning you before you read, some of what I went through is pretty gross.

I am so glad I found this thread last night. I too had a bad reaction to dying my hair black with the same brand and color I have used at least twice before. It has been 12 days since I have colored my hair and it has been hell!

The first two days I was fine. Then on the third day at lunchtime I noticed an angry red rash along my temples that spread to my cheeks by the evening along with a little swelling in the upper left eyelid. I woke up the next morning with my eye half swollen shut and the rash was itchy. Day 5 I woke up with my entire eye swollen and most of my face. I went to the ER where I was given a 5-day prenidsone prescription that helped with the swelling.The swelling went away only to return after I stopped the prenidsone and this time it was my right ear. Let's not even mention the withdrawals I had from the steriod, really don't want to go through that again either.

Now on top of the swelling, I have weeping sores all over my scalp, neck, and ears. By the way, hot or warm showers make it worse as the others have said. The weeping was so bad last night it soaked 3 tshirts and my pillowcase had black coloring all over it.I just discovered a towel turban is my friend to help with the weeping.

I did some research and found that the PPD or whatever is causing my reaction is not something that is going to go away in a week or even two. I cannot imagine waiting this out. It's in my hair and it doesn't just wash out. And there is no way am I going to use some other chemicals to strip the color.

SO this morning I gave myself a buzz cut. I am hoping if the hair is gone that the rest will clear up with some over the counter remedies like the calamine, benadryll, and cortisone. Wish me luck. I will check back and give an update if it works.  
on taper of prednisone, now 10 mg twice day, just finished the 20 mg twice a day for the five days. was told by allergists a ppd allergy can come on at any time...mine started 5 weeks after my last dye job. I suffered with the rash full body and dripping of histamine on my clothes, stuck to pillows at night. The histamine allergic response was so high my heart was pounding, panic attacks, shivering, and profuse sweating. 3 doctors including a dermatologist did not make the connection to an allergy. The patch test just about put me over the edge, my back looked like hamburger. From what was exp;ained to me by the allergy center, everyone rids their body of this in their own time...the benadryl and other antihistamines will help curtail the itching. I cannot get thru the night more than 4 hours without eating more benadryl still. I no longer am eating half a pill to get thru 45 minutes thankfully, perhaps only due to the steroids. I lost track of days and time from the benadryl, but it probably saved me from anaphylactic shock. I've read other reports of 6 weeks, already past that, to 5 months for the itching and hives to subside fully. I feel fortunate not to have gone into anaphylactic shock. or gone blind, or gone into a coma as others have. I believe I have the cross allergy now to the caine drugs as well. The docs are waiting for my condition to calm down before further allergen testing.
So sorry for your severe reaction.  As we are going on our first big vacation in cozumel (all inclusive resort) colored my hair and my husband decided he needed the same and bought the same product you used.  Lathered it in last night and he suffered all night without waking me.  Called me from his job to mine stating he was miserable, face head and chest burning and itching and flakes coming off.  I went to Walmart to get benydryl and cortizone cream but as soon as he got home I could see his face was fire red and swollen with multiple wounds from scratching.  He has a beard so his face head and for good measure his chest hair was dyed.  As soon as soon as I saw him we headed straight for the nearest urgent care where he was given a steroid injection and scripts for prednisone and steroid cream.  The Dr said he sees this a lot. and said it would get worse before it gets better-and we leave in 4 days for our long anticipated vacation,  Should have read the fine print and did the allergy test but I don't know how they can sell a product  like this!!!!
Oh my goodness !! Im so glad that I found this site ! I have been battling horrible hives and swelling for over A YEAR now !! Ive gone to see my family doctor and my allergy specialist, and have been on boocoodles of medications to get rid of it and nothing works. I have relief while on the medication, but literally the next day once im done with it the hives start to come back. I just realized today that I could be having an allergic reaction to hair bleach. After reading all of your statements im almost convinced that's what my problem is. However, im planning on going home and dying my hair back brown to get the bleach out. Do any of you have any suggestions ? Also, how long did it take for your reactions to clear up after removing the bleach from your hair ?
I am going through this now. I simple did the root touch up kit (I have done several times before)  The next morning my scalp was oozing and my face started swelling.  24 hours after, my forehead and eyes were so swollen I looked like an alien.  I followed all the things everyone said, I took benedryl, put on calimine lotion and got cortozone.  Nothing worked, after 36 hours my eyes were swollen shut.  I got into my dermotologist and they gave a bunch of steroid shots in my scalp and then gave the steriods.  It is now 48 hours and it is worse,  The dermotologist told me it will take about 48 hours after starting the steriods for me to notice the difference., I can't go to work or drive - I can barely see.  This is so bad - I will be grey the rest of my life instead of go through this again.
Yes I dyed my hair with clariol Natural instincts midnight black, and 2 days later my scalp was on fire, my throat swelled, and I was itchy all over. I got put on predisone for 4 days, and 2 days after that I am back on more prednisone, for another 3 days. I am on benadryl and washing with dawn soap, and soaking with peroxide, I am so itchy , now my underarms, pubic area, arms and neck are so itchy. I am never dying my hair again! I hope this doesnt last too much longer, for this really is annoying. probably going to get some zyrtec i need relief!! arghhhhh
Yes I dyed my hair with clariol Natural instincts midnight black, and 2 days later my scalp was on fire, my throat swelled, i had lumps on my neck, rash  and I was itchy all over. I got put on predisone for 4 days, and 2 days after that I am back on more prednisone, for another 3 days. I am on benadryl and washing with dawn soap, and soaking with peroxide, I am so itchy , now my underarms, pubic area, arms and neck are so itchy. I am never dying my hair again! I hope this doesnt last too much longer, for this really is annoying. probably going to get some zyrtec i need relief!! arghhhhh
this is an awful reaction. I had this reaction once to black dye but never light colored dyes. i used Revlon Colorsilk along with bleach. Day 1, my head swelled like an alien. Day 2 I had alien head and one closed eye. I went to urgent care and he gave me an epi shot with a steroid shot and benedryl shot.  Day 4 my eye was still swollen shut, my other eye was on the way of being swollen shut and my face blew up like a puffer fish. I went to the Er and they gave me a steroid shot, and benedryl shot and sent me home with more steroids. Day 5 no change... Day 6 no change.... The itching is unbearable but scratching releases it in your system and makes it worse.I had missed a week from work and Im in hiding wearing shades where ever I go. Im terrified I have not seen any improvement. I went to an allergist on day 6 and he said the steroids will just make me swell more and to stop taking them because they will cause me to hold water. I hope this goes away fast. Patch test from now on...
Natural hair dye is the solution allergy. I have been through this miserable allergy experience when I used off shelf hair dye. But now I can dye my hair with no problem. The only problem is that i need to spend  2 hours to get it dye. I use two combinations of natural leaves. Please wait for me until i get it paitent.
I have been chemically treating my hair for over 35 years.  Straightening, highlighting and coloring every 4 weeks.  I started having reactions about 10 years ago.  The colorist  trick of adding sweet n low to the color before applying worked for the last 9.  The past year my scalp has been gradually getting worse, first very red, then itchy, now big itchy bumps that contain fluid.  My scalp is now becoming scaly in the same areas.  There have been so many colors tried for over the past year that have caused the same reaction.  The reactions are becoming more severe with each new brand.  The most recent coloring was two weeks ago and I still have the abrasions bleeding when I brush.  It was foils only as I have sadly decided that I cannot deal with the issue anymore and will go gray. I am beginning to think that I have exposed my system to many a carcinogenic through the reactions. I have been trying to find something like this blog for so long, finally success!  It has been enlightening.  I have never seen a Physician for my situation and wonder if it is too late now that they are healing.  
I just realized I am allergic to hair dye too. The last three times I got horrible rashes on my head that burned and itched and oozed. A new symptom though, the last two times my lips not only swelled up, but  developed little holes under the skin that look all watery. They aren't blisters, but they take up my whole lip. Thank god it's not too noticeable, but it kind of freaks me out still. I learned my lesson.
I hope you called PCP.  I have had three marks on my scalp that are itchy and sore for five weeks!  I called my PCP's office and was told to take Benadryl at night.  With all the discussion about Mercer, you never know. The lips would have me concerned too.  I am still allowing my hair to go grey.  Not happy about either!  
I have dyed my hair for many years without any problems until I dyed my hair about a week ago and noticed about 4 days ago that i had these burning bumps on my scalp and didn't think nothing of it until i got sick from an ear infection and sinusitis for a few days before i had to go back to the ear two days later because my right eye and fore head had developed blister's and had headache's and neck aches from the hair dye that i had used. The er Dr had to give my 2 Benadryl pills and a steroid shot while i was in the er! and so far on day two of the steroids,benadryl,and cold compress to the infected areas i am see very little improvement but i have noticed it is easing up a little but not enough yet. hopefully by the time i finish the steroids these bumps will be gone. And if they are not then i am going to shave my head and go from there! Best of luck to everyone who has had an allergic reaction to hair dye. I have learned my lesson and i will never dye my hair again!!
thanks so much for your help!
hi pinkandwhitedove,
I'm interested, can you tell me the complete details please?,  I'm always suffering for an allergy effect of hair dye. I used the brands like Bigen, Garnier, and now i'm planning to use Kolestone by Wella. I'm always worried of this allergy effect.
I have been dying my hair for a few years but a week ago today might be the last time.  I have barely been able to make it to work this week because I feel so terrible. I have fatigue, constant headache, irritated scalp and rock hard lymph nodes at the back of my neck. I have been to a clinic and asked if it could be a result of my hair dye. The nurse looked at me like I was clueless. I was just told to come back if it got worse. It's not getting worse, but it's certainly not getting better. I hope the symptoms start to subside soon, but from what I am reading on this site, it is not something that clears up very well.  My heart goes out to you who have had more severe reactions. I am really struggling with mine. I am very grateful for this community. Hugs to all.
I couldn't agree more.  If I don't have any improvement soon, I am going to shave my head too.  Like you, I am never going to dye my hair again.  
I am going through this now...had my edges dyed to cover gray hair on Friday and this morning my face is distorted , my ears hurt ,  have a headache, and I have a rash on my hairline/ scalp which is oozing . I am on my way to urgent care tonight ....I am hoping it gets better . Never again. I'll have to cover my gray with brown mascara from now on.
I was wondering whether to cut my hair since my face really swelled after washing my hair.  I don't know why the doctor did not suggest it.  My hair is past my shoulder and still has the black dye in it.  Thanks for the advice.
I also used black dye and now look like an alien.  I think I am going to cut my hair short so it won't touch my face when it's wet.  I received a steroid shot and have to take meds. This is awful.
Hi!
I'm currently in this horrible situation with my ears n scalp bc of the dye. I jus wanted to ask a question bc I have no insurance and can't go to the doctor. Do I put the peroxide and cortisone cream in my scalp? If not what do I use to stop the itching and pain there?
Did you try henna?  It's the only thing I use, but there is a lot of fake stuff with weird chemical additives out there.  Make sure to do your research when you buy, good resourse is hennasooq.com
I used Henna for the second time. I think that I am having a bad reaction to it. My scalp is irritated and I think that my eyes, nose and forehead are swelling. I thought that this would be a safe alternative to the hair dyes that have sent me to the ER more than once in the past.
Omg i just called my father crying and told him I looked like an alien with my swollen head and temples. I have an allergic reaction to Garnier Olia hair dye and it was black, what makes this worst in that im leaving in 2 days to go see family and some guy I really like..might cancel on that one though!!
Thats so sad to hear, i also had the same problem a year ago. I dyed my hair with black hair dye and the next day my eye was so swollen like i had been stung by a bee. Half my face was swollen and i had a wedding that day! I went to the doctor after travelling on airplane, he gave me steroids which i had to take 3 tablets in the morning then 6 later that evening/night. My symptoms started to heal so fast and by the next night i was better. I crap thing is, its not just that brand of hair dye its the PPD that is a chemical in some hair dyes and other things. This is not something i want to go through again, itchy and swollen ears, itchy nipples, stomach cramps & swollen face. The doctor said i was lucky that my throat did not fully close! Please guys if u had this reaction before even just itchiness, it is just the beginning, I've had swollen ears and scalp throughout high school when i dyed my hair and i did not think it could escalate into something that is life threatening! Good luck guys! i hope u all get better!
Hi, I too use perfect 10 and have developed an allergy. I have found a great  hairdye, available on the internet. It's called Naturvital and is PPD,Ammonia and Paraben free. It comes with a shampoo and hair mask(all natural products). Don't know if they deliver to Canada but it's worth having a look at ther website. Good luck
Hi stock!

I  completely  understand what you are going to. I have been there. It took me about 6 months to get rid of itching and burning. I went to see my dermatorogy 3 times and almost give up and willing to shave my hair .My scalp itch and burn terrible. I can not concentrate at work. I tell my self I will never dye my hair again. I am willing to try anything to get rid of my itch and burn. Apple Cider seem to work for me. I used one cup of apple cider and one cup of water mixed and apply all over my hair and scalp. Cover my head with shower cap and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes and shampoo as normal . I do this 2-3 times a week. It make my head feel much better and my hair feel very soft and clean.  Good luck and hang in there. It will get better.!!!!
i never had trouble with dyes and tried this brand i never used before in asian Black and now i look like Frankenstein with a big *** head. and closed up eye i will deal with the gray im done with that stuff. i have to go to work looking like this i might try and take off this is bull crap im too mad to cry.i did get a steroid shot and for the scabs on my scalp, forehead and ears every time i itch i use my 100% JoJoba oil and it does sooth and i cut my finger nails off and use a boar brissle brush to scatch my head i hope the ice pack im using over my eye helps too just want to get better damn it hope this helps someone else
I had my hair dyed nearly 2 weeks ago by my regular hairdresser who comes out to my home. She used the same stuff she always uses but. OMG I'm having a really bad allergic reaction and I'm still getting symptoms coming on me now. My head is literally covered in lumps, my ears are burn't and weeping, I have a rash on my chest. Now my eyes are starting to swell, I'm getting pins and needles all over my body, and my whole body is aching and I'm getting dizzy spells. What makes it worse is I already suffer from Vertigo and get panic attacks so all this is making me panic. Went to my docs yesterday and all she gave me was Certriline one a day and Fluxocillan 3 times a day for an ear infection I have. But nothing for my weeping ears, or rash or to ease my scalp etc. Do I phone the 111 helpline as I'm getting worse by the minute. Any replies would be really appreciated. Thanks.
I have gone thru 2 rounds of prednisone and the rash us still crawling up in my hairline.  It has been all over my shoulders and back.  It has Ben 3 months now and still hanging on
Update; It's now been 11 weeks since I had my hair dye reaction. In the end after 2 visits to the doctors and hospital I ended up in hospital for 5 days. Once in hospital only then did the medication and creams etc they give me start to work. I've been out of hospital for about 7 weeks and I still have lumps on my head. My whole body itches still and now when I scratch too hard I'm getting bruised. My legs look like I've been battered as they itch the worst. Off to the docs on Tuesday to see if he can help.
Hey everyone - I know first hand the misery of the PPD allergic reaction. I have blonde hair and have had a shocking pink under-layer for a couple of years...no problems there. But then I decided I wanted a black layer, under the pink. I started doing that in November of 2014. I was stupid and didn't do a patch test. I didn't take the warnings seriously and now feel like an idiot. Around the same time, I got a tattoo on my neck. A few weeks later, there were red bumps at the tattoo site but I didn't really think too much about it and they eventually went away. Shortly thereafter, I noticed hive-like lesions on the back of my neck. I thought maybe it was eczema so I treated it as such. But I started to get them elsewhere on my body, along with measle-like patches and areas of tiny, raised bumps. My ears swelled to twice their normal size and oozed constantly. Also, all of the glands in my neck and on the back of my head were swollen and tender. I realized then, that something serious was going on that had nothing to do with eczema and went to the doctor. He did a culture of the oozing liquid and determined I had a staph/strep infection (which I now realize was secondary to the real problem). I took two antibiotics for 10 days, had antibiotic injections and took some herbal remedies as well. He also prescribed an oral steroid regimen but the very first dose made me so ill, I didn't take any more of them. He then referred me to a dermatologist who prescribed a heavy duty steroid ointment. This helped my ears get somewhat back to normal and even started to clear the hive-like lesions and rashy patches. 'Okay', I thought, 'it's finally going to go away'. It took two months to get to that point but I was optimistic. Then just yesterday afternoon, I decided it was time to re-do the pink and black layers in my hair. Within an hour or so of dyeing and rinsing and styling, my scalp started to swell and ooze like crazy, and ONLY IN THE BLACK-DYED LOCATIONS. I decided to research and found out about PPD, and then eventually, found this forum. I was shocked to read everyone's symptoms that were EXACTLY like mine. Now I know what the initial problem was. Maybe I did develop a secondary staph/strep infection but that was not the basis of the problem. It was the dye. I used Splat Jet Black, just fyi. Even though I am miserable today, I feel better now that I know what the real problem was, that started late last year. I am in my sixth month of this horror and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I am going to try to lift some of the black by using the Dawn dish soap/dandruff shampoo method and hope that relieves some of the symptoms. I can't bring myself to cut it off so I guess I'll just have to suffer until it grows out. Thanks to all of you that posted here. It helped me immensely, and even though I am sorry you have/are experiencing what I am, it's comforting to know I am not alone. Hugs to all.
Foot note*

A few symptoms I forgot to include: heart palpitations and irregular heart beat, racing at times. A general feeling of malaise and lack of energy. Overall, I just haven't felt very well for the last six months.

I am also taking Claritin which does help somewhat, not to mention, helps me sleep.
I am pretty sure that I too have developed an allergy to hair dye.  I have colored my brown hair at the salon and at home with semi and permanet color for about 20 years now.  I am 49.  When I was younger, it was more for fun and then to cover the gray as I got older.  I started noticing that I was itchy and warm while it was on my head.  It never burned and I never developed blisters.  However, what is strange about me is that it seems to affect my throat (and ear ) only on the left side and this is freaking me out.  It feels like my throat is swelling and like it's traveling up to my ear but only on the left side.

I did a patch test today of Madison Reed hair color which has no PPD and within 40 minutes I started to get the off uncomfortable feeling in my throat but no skin reaction on my arm.  I took a Benadryl and my throat got much better but still a little strange.  

Has anyone else had this type of reaction?
Update - It's now July 16th and I am still experiencing problems. I finally shaved off the black hair. Yes, shaved to 1/8'. I have shaved it 3 times now as it grows out. Most of the black is gone but my scalp is still reacting. The swollen glands are almost gone but I still have rashy patches in various places on my body. I have been applying several mixtures to my scalp. Vitamin E oil in a coconut oil base and tea tree oil in a coconut oil base but nothing really seems to work. I tried honey, olive oil, just about everything. I recently bought some Alba products...the Hawaiian shampoo/conditioner and the original body lotion. They don't contain any weird chemicals so I thought I'd give them a shot. So far, the lotion is doing wonders. I'm going to try rubbing into my scalp too. I also started using perfume-free Dove bar soap for sensitive skin. I'm liking this. My skin feels much better. I think the key is MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE. With the scalp thing, I don't know. It's the worst part, at this point. I honestly think this is going to take a long time to completely clear. I will update again! Hang in there everyone!
Hi there - I never had that sort of reaction, thank God. What you are describing is borderline anaphylactic. If you read my posts, you can see I've had horrible and wide-spread reactive symptoms, but never a closing/swelling of the throat, as you experienced. That is the thing that put so many people in the hospital! Supposedly, there are some dyes out there that are tolerable but it sounds like you already tried one. I'd find some alternative if I were you. It's not worth it. It can cause death. I'll never, EVER use a dark-colored dye again! Good luck to you and hope you continue to feel better! Hugs!
Same dye for me, back of my scull at base was all swollen like someone smacked it with a baseball bat, sore!,,
Hi I had an allergic reaction to hairdye a few weeks ago, I had the weeping rash on my neck and chest. Hives on my neck and stomach. And rash on my arms. Tongue and throat swelling and breathing problems. I still experience exaceberation of my symptoms every time I wash my hair the Hair dye comes out on go my towel and my tongue swells. I've been tod by the manufacture it is still active ppd. I am considering shaving off my long hair. I am female. Before I take this drastic step I'd like to know from your experience did it help shaving the head?
Thank you for taking the time to read this as I feel quite desperate.
Hi, I had my hair re-bonded/straightened and dyed 2 days ago and I can feel my scalp and some part of my neck itchy and had swollen. I haven't washed my hair cause I have been advised I can only wash it tomorrow as part of the rebonding process. I'm taking in cetrizine twice a day to soothe itchiness. Can you pls help me with this. By the way, a couple of years ago, I had henna tattoo at my back and it has swollen and was itchy too.
I have painful lumps in the back of my head like someone hit me in the back of the head with a baseball bat after using splat hair dye, anyone else with these symptoms know if they will go away??
For he past year I've been having the itchiness, redness, rash, bumps, oozing on the back of my head . I've had swollen lymph nodes (now I know what it is, I thought it was just an annoying cyst and thought the bumps were some kind of scalp infection). Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like there is something lodge in my throat, waking up in a panic thinking I'm actually choking, most likely the swelling in my throat. I never had the swelling of the face so the symptoms vary from person to person.

Today, my sister bought a different brand of hair dye, and I was looking through the steps to prepare it and noticed the allergic test and it mentioned the itchiness, redness, rash, bumps etc. Immediately it all made sense, I started getting grey hair a year ago now and that is when all these symptoms started. I came online instantly and found this site - turns out I am not the only one. I am also sure we all originally thought it was some kind of scalp infection or acne/zits/cysts - who would of thought it would be hair dye...

I have jet black hair and it's what I've been using - L'Oreal. I usually just rub it thoroughly in my scalp ensuring I get all the grey hairs. I can't see behind me so it's kind of where I put most of the hair dye, which is where most of the bumps are.

Firstly, I have a question - Do lighter hair dyes cause this, or is it just dark ones? If I can't maintain my black hair, I might as well do something lighter.

Secondly, I overlooked the allergy test and have been using the same brand since day 1, since it is super simple to use. Do the allergy test! I cannot say for sure if it's the PPD, but judging by 95% of the people here - this is the cause.

Lastly, I want to say that I have no fix solution, yet. Tomorrow morning I am going straight the doctors office and telling him exactly what is causing this. I've read all the answers here and seems like the best things are Prednisone and Zyrtec. Other things to try are Antihistamine, Claritin, Steroids, 2% hydrogen peroxide, Benadryl, Cortizone 10 Cream, Calamine Lotion.

Our immune systems are different, so maybe my solution won't work for you. As soon find what works for me, I will let you know.
Little update, just came back from the doctor's office and he prescribed me Fucidin H 1%/2% which is a combination of two medications. And of course stop using the damn hair dye, lol.

Fusidic acid belongs to the family of medications known as topical (applied to skin) antibiotics. It works by preventing the bacteria from reproducing, allowing the body's defenses to get rid of the existing bacteria.

Hydrocortisone belongs to the family of medications known as corticosteroids. It works to reduce itching and inflammation of the infected area.

Apply twice a day and use a bland shampoo. Takes several days to take effect, so will keep you posted on how it goes.
please could you tell me what percentage of hydrogen peroxide to shampoo should you use?
Oh my gosh me too me too me too is all I have to say
I am an educator for CHI/ Farouk systems. I have faithfully used this color line e for 11 years now. I switched to this color line over 11years ago because I had several clients with this issue. CHI Ionic hair color has
NO AMMONIA
NO PPD
It is environmentally friendly.
Hope this helps,
Me'lissa
I need your help. My mom helped me to dye my hair. Then after few minute she began to feel the sting in her finger nails and it hurts. It is dangerous? We used garnier hair colors naturals. I'm that I might get killed because of this. I read about an article that some of women who just applied hair color caught in danger.please help.
I just dyed my hair and I got some hair dye on the bend of my arm and I noticed that my arm was stinging and I felt it and it is swallon what should I do I have a ice pack on it and I took a Morton and it been 30 min now my fingers r tingling some
I have done the same thing. Had burns on my head and ears oozing and nasty. Then got hives all over. That was three weeks ago. Been to ER 5 times. Caused breathing problems. Lost all my hair and look like I have the measles or something. Been taking anti histamines and steriods. My head and ears are healing on the outside but winded up with inner ear infection from the oozing. Tar shampoo seems help the itching try T gel the store brand works fine.