Allergy Community
Horrible Sinus Pressure, Pain, Dizziness, Vision Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Viewing 401-523 comments:
I wish ALL of us could find a cure or solution for this non-sense.  I've tried everything too, even prayer.  Nothing is working.  The best thinh is that we have each other to talk with and know that the others posted here understand.  Because I appear fine, others think I'm fine - I'm not.  Beginning to become discouraged.  PT yesterday said it's normal to do well and then go in reverse.  Let's all lean on onr another for support, if for no other reason.  I hope you are having a decent day.
After reading all these posts it seems like I have finally found a place where people will understand what I am going thru!!!

About 3 weeks ago, out of nowhere, I started to get a severe headache accompanied by EXTREME sinus pressure and pain.  Pain started on the right side, just above my teeth, went to the back of my head at the base of the skull, across my face, to the right eye, which due to the pressure felt like it was being pushed right out of my head.  Well, this all started when I was driving down the interstate, so it was a long 2 hr drive home to say the least.  

This all was the start of 3 weeks of hell, I would not wish this kind of pain on my worst enemy, it is a pain no one should ever have to deal with!!!!

As soon as the pain started this time, it brought back some horrible memories of past episodes of misery.  The first time I had the pain I was 8 or 9 yrs old, and my father took me to the doctor, who looked in my nose and sinus and did not see anything odd, so he told my father to take me to the dentist - possible toothache.  Well, the dentist did not find anything, so he did nothing.  My father knew of an old country doctor - guy was about 85 yrs old and in 5 minutes he diagnosed me with a sinus infection, with no discharge - no signs of infection other than the severe pain and pressure.  He put me on a double dose of erythromycin and some pain medicine and in 2 days the pain stopped completely and I never had another infection for about 6 years.  The next one came when I was working as a corn detassler - I developed a severed allergy to corn pollen.  That infection was taken care of again with erythromycin.  I was again free of infection for about 4 years and I was in Germany for the next occurrence - same thing worked again, kicked the infection in the butt in 2 days.

Well, it was then about 15 years without incident, and I got an infection while I was in Korea - this time I went to the hospital because it was so bad.  The first thing the doctor did was give me two saline iv's - pain and pressure immediately went away - it was amazing.  The doctor told me part of the problem with sinus infections was dehydration - even though there may be nasal discharge and or mucus, you can still be dehydrated.  He also had me start saline washes for my sinuses.   Add in a bottle of erythromycin and all was fine.

Fast forward to 4 years ago - same thing once again - sinus pain, pressure, with no discharge or mucus - this time the pain was 10 times worse then ever before.  Visited the family doctor and the ENT, tried 3 types of antibiotics, nose sprays, steroids, pretty much every normal medicine known to man - nothing worked until I went to the dentist on the ENT's advice - had an infected tooth with a deep cavity - he filled the cavity and prescribed another set of antibiotics.  3 days later all was better.

Then 2 years ago - same thing - same pain - same pressure - this time, just antibiotics and nasal steroids - cleared it right up.

Now, this time it was worse then ever before in my 41 years.  I started on the same regime that had worked in the past.  Benydryl and sudaphed until I could get the doctor, or in this case, the dentist.  Since the pain was starting at the tooth first, then the sinus pain following.  Dentist found some infection at the gum line, prescribed clindamyacin and extra strength Vicodin.  He also sent me to a specialist - who traced the infection to one specific tooth and saw inflamation (inflammation) around the root - which in his words are the longest tooth roots he has seen in 20 years of practice, around 30 mm in length - and they extend into the sinus cavity membrane - hence the infection of the sinuses.  So, yesterday I had a root canal of the infected tooth - which has eliminated the tooth pain, but I still have the sinus infection.  The specialist started me on a Z Pak of antibiotics and more Vicodin Extra Strength.  Last night I had two small bouts of pain and pressure, which was taken care of with 4 benadryls, 2 sudaphed, and 2 vicodins.  Woke up this morning and felt like a million bucks - no pain or pressure!!!  Worked all day without even the slightest sense of pain or pressure - that is until 9 pm tonight.  This episode came on like a freight train out of nowhere - just working on the computer.  Pain first, small, at the base of my cheekbone, then it spread to the back of my head, across the side of my face, into the upper jaw sinus and to the the back of my right eye.  Very intense this time, eyeball even seemed to be being pushed forward  - it was bulging out ever so slightly.  Again, 4 benadryl, 2 sudaphed, some neosynephrin, nasal buster spray, a vicodin and after an hour and a half, the pain and pressure are gone for now.  

When I think back to all the other episodes of this crap I have had over the years, the pain and pressure always got worse when the infection was being killed off by the antibiotics - like it is fighting back against the medicine.

I have no idea why the pain and pressure were not present all day until 9 pm, I did nothing different, breathed the same air all day, did not eat anything odd or drink anything new or different.  The suddeness and intensity of the pain and pressure is staggering to say the least.  My kids get worried, the dogs get worried, and my wife just gets exasperated, as she knows there is nothing she can do to help the pain go away.

I have tried the sinus washing again this time, but it is not doing anything this time around.  

Can anyone explain why the pain and pressure can be absent all day long, for 13 hrs and then all of a sudden it hits with a vengeance, lasts for an hour or so, and then leaves just as fast as it showed up - with the help of all the meds I am putting into my body of course.  

Has there ever been a case of where the sinus pressure has actually pushed someone eyeball out of its socket????  

I have been dizzy for 8 years.  Not dizzy spells, but actual 24/7 dizziness. Some days are worse than others.  My neurologist did a MRI and found my sinus to be swollen the size of a golf ball.  My eye doctor saw it on a test he did too..  But the neurologist said that wont make me dizzy?  

Anyway, when i sleep on my left side my sinus cavity starts to fill and i feel pressure and clogged and wake up with my heart pounding in my head/ears. I have to roll over to get the sinus to drain. I will feel it open and clear so I fall sleep and wake up about an hour later and have to roll over again to drain that side of my sinus.  This is everynight.  The most I have slept is 2-3 hours because I keep getting woke up by my sinuses and have to roll over. Very often this Sinus pain and pounding result in a headache that lasts the whole day.  

Does anyone have any advice or has this happened to anyone else?
I have been suffering from the same issues for the last 20 years on and off.  Tension headache, swelling of sinus' with little to no drainage, ear pain/popping/stuffiness, post nasal drip, balance problems (recently diagnosed with BPPV as I get vertigo when going from laying position to sitting up and vice versa) blurred vision and tmj symptoms.  Years ago I went to an ENT who diagnosed me with migraines, gave me Imotrex and Astelin.  I did not take the Imotrex because i did not believe my symptoms were migraine related.  I ended up going to a physical therapist who worked on my posterior neck muscles and within 3-4 visits, all symptoms were gone!  I could even feel movement in my sinus' when she worked on my neck so I do believe it was related.  I'm going to try this again to see if it works.  I found that putting ice on my neck for 10 minutes every hour for a few hours then applying heat has helped.  I have also been using the Neti Pot.  If you look up symptoms of a tight SCM muscle and tight posterior neck muscles you will see that a lot of these symptoms could be related as when these muscles get tight, they pull on other muscles related to the face and neck.  Its worth a try and a lot cheaper and safer than all the drugs I have tried.  I was on 3 courses of antibiotics, steroid nasal sprays and a ton of antihistamines.  I'm so tired of being tired!
Hello! Over the past 5 weeks I have been to several doctors, with what started out to be severe allergies and acid reflux. Being someone whom hates medication, I have taken everything from nexium, inhalers, claritin d, prednisone, nasonex and more to relieve the symptoms I was having (inflamed sinuses, tightness in throat, difficulty breathing).

Now 2 weeks ago I was starting to feel a little bit better and after laying outside I stood up and had monetary blindness for about 5-10 seconds. I panicked a little bit because it seemed longer than the usual sitting to standing, outside to inside feeling you normally get with your eyesight adjusting. Later that night I was watching television and noticed that the walls seemed to be shimmering and thought I was just exhausted and went to bed.

Now 10 days later I am still seeing this "shimmering" in my vision. I notice it more on solid walls, the sky, blank colors. At night it gets very noticeable in the dark to the point and I even see them with my eyes are shut. When I look at it closely, they seem to be small see-through specs that shimmer with random ones flashing here and there.

I've been to an eye doctor who said everything looked normal, I have 20/20 vision and no floaters or visual snow and he thought it was probably a reaction to all the medications I was on, or migraines (which I've never had before), but should only last a few days. Well after a few days of it not going away I had a brain MRI, which all came out normal and my neurologist said to see a neuro-opthalmologist because migraines shouldn't last this long? I have made an appointment but why would I now have visual problems after what was supposedly sinusitis and acid reflux?

I have had a ct scan of my sinuses which should be coming back soon, but could pressure behind my eyes cause this??

I do have extremely low blood pressure that runs in my family, so could it be the medications caused it to be extremely low? But would it actually cause ongoing shimmering spots in my vision??

I am honestly just clueless at this point to what it could possible be and am getting scared that I will never see normal again. Please let me know what you think, I would appreciate any helpful ideas on what it could be or what to do! Any advice PLEASE :)
I see that alot of people have the same symptoms I am currently dealing with.  Although does anyone know what it really is?

Here is exactly what I have been dealing with.

*Sinus area headaches constant (bridge of nose, around eyes and front of forehead) but with NO mucus or drainage.  My nose is dry!

*Dizzy spells to the point where I feel like fainting and nausea to boot.

*Tired all the time

*Random bouts of pulsatting in my left ear

*Random bouts of left eye twitching

*Constant feeling like something is wrong

I have had neurological tests along with EKG's and then just get pushed along.  Goes to show how well the V.A. doctors treat their new military veterans.  Can anyone please help with possible explanations or home remedies.  I can not continue like this and it has been 3 weeks of feeling like this.

3 weeks before this started I had a bout of heat exhaustion and on top of that a real bad cold.

Thanks if anyone can help. Please help!!!
I have the "shimmering" vision too. Its called visual snow.. persistent migraine aura... google it. I have all the same problems as everyone else here, and there are just too many people with these symptoms and too many to be a coincident, I would advise you all to look into Lyme Disease.  You should all research it. But I warn you all.. it’s a really hard pill to swallow. When I say research the disease I also mean the politics, controversy and people that have been down this path. It’s a living nightmare and a world of hell. It true is very sad. Its become such an epidemic. Canlyme(dot)org….
Im a 22 year old female. Ive had dizziness, pressure almost like a sinus headache but doesnt hurt, and seems when i make a sudden movement while sitting i get more dizzy like going to faint feeling and it happens more when i breath through my nose deeply and my head feels tight. This has been happening off and on for two years.
     Dr. puts me on amoxicilin and pedisone everytime i go. which doesnt make sense if it didnt work the first 3 times. He said i have allergies and fluid in my ears. He gave me a list of over the counter meds to take...
-sudefed 12hr 1 tab a day in the morning
-Claritin 24 hr(not claritin D just plain claritin)
- Mucinex 12 hr
- Afrin (but only for 3 - 5 days can have opposite effect if you use it more)
- Benydrl (at night)

This helped for about 6 monthes now it doesnt help anymore... I tried Sinus rinses but i think it make it worse like pushes more fluid in my ear which is causing the dizziness. But I have found ONE thing that helps temparily and this is MUCINEX (the blue box one)  That seems to be the only thing that helps with my dizzy spells and LOTS of water with it. If someone knows anything else please email me ***@****. I can afford to go to a ENT and anyone else no health insurance. I can only go to a urgent care.
do all of you drink or eat dairy??????
HElP...its 4am and I am sat up in bed crying I am in so much pain don't think I can wait till monday to see gp the pain in my face ears teeth and head is unbearable can sinusitis be this bad I a frightened it may be something else I am alone with my little boy and worry I can't look after himn as I can barely lift my head I feel as though my brain is swelling (pressure)  p
Who has had polyps removed from their sinus?
I had something similar at first. Ie no mucus, no discharge but nonetheless something felt wrong inside with pressure on my eye and my ear. In my case it meant that the flow was clogged inside. A simple thing worked for me to unclog and release the pressure: hot steam inhalations: boil some water, pour it into a pot, put a towel over your head and inhale through your nose. May help to put a few drops of eucalyptus oil or vicks vapor run in the hot water. You may need to try a couple of times.  So anyways, since then, and it was over 6 month ago, the flow has been non stop for me. Now, I'm on my 2nd round of antibitics (amoxicilin 875mg 2x a day for 20 days) and it it initially seemed to improve things significantly. But I'm still far from perfect. good luck
I have the same issues, and have for about 5 years now. It started with a tooth infection, that led to TMJ treatment and surgeries. I've seen the Chiropractor, which helped... but ultimately it always ends up the same.

To help? I take a COLD pack and place it directly across my sinuses with no cushion or towel between. That usually knocks it out in 5 - 10 minutes. Then it's Aleve. I take Mucinex daily, but I can tell when I miss a dose.

This is completely debilitating... I've had weeks when leaving my dark room seemed like too much to ask. I have sinus infections every other month, and the doctors are clueless.

I took a survey on Lime Disease... it said if you meet 20 criteria you should be tested... I met 40.

Best of luck to everyone, it is really nice to know I'm not alone. When everyone looks at you like you're crazy it's hard not to feel that way.
PLEASE READ THIS!  IT COULD HELP YOU!  I've had so many of the same problems, dizziness, foggy head, stomach issues etc, etc.  For years doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I would be sent home feeling like my symptoms were all in my head!  I hit rock bottom about 3 years ago when my face kept swelling and I would get an infection that would require an antibiotic.  12 doctors later, I went to see an allergist.  I have a severe allergic reaction to mold but the big problem is something most regular doctors don't check for. CANDIDA!  It's a HUGE problem and if you had a history of lots of antibiotics like I did, there is a great chance you have candida.  Please go online and check it out.  Symptoms are MANY!  It requires a blood test but there is an easy spit test you can do at home.  Google Candida or Candidiasis.  If you have Candida you can feel better without meds. Stop taking antibiotics!!!  It's a diet change that is hard but you can do it.  I have talked to so many people who have Candida and suffered for years because doctors don't check.  My regular dr did $1000 in blood work and told me I was fine!  Please check it out and I hope you all find relief!
I probably should have mentioned that Candida is a fungal (yeast) infection that over time makes food and environmental allergies worse.  It starts in the gut and it is normal for all of us to have some level of Candida.  But when we takes lots of antibiotics and kill off the good bacteria it takes over and becomes systemic (throughout our entire body).  Here are some of the symptoms I had and maybe you do too; sinus infections, plugged ear,  feeling like I was in a fog, dizziness, sugar cravings, spots in eyes and double vision, adrenal problems, dry patches on skin, acne, sensitivity to smells (especially perfumes and chemicals).  If you are like me, you feel unhealthy and like the doctors just can't help you.  Please check out Candida. I know how miserable you must feel because I've been there too.  Best of luck!
hi would love to know how long it took you to feel better on the diet am just about to start but have trouble eating anything especially if i cant get out of house and dont move due to pain sinusis fatigue and dizziness.not been able to work for the last year due to this ! i do hope you can tell me you feel better :)
It sounds like you're suffering from cluster headaches. My husband suffered with this for years, had a lot of dental work, etc and they just found out that it is cluster headaches.  They are treating him with medicine, but when one comes on he has to be on oxygen for about 15 minutes and it completely takes it away.
trying to explain myself whn it comes to these symptoms is always hard,but here goes.for me the dizziness started about four -five yrs ago.was baffled,went to ent specialist,flushed out my ears,said it was menneirs(?) middle ear disease.next doctor said the same.and thn just as it came,it went away.i had a couple of bouts over the yrs,but not as noticeable as the first time,thn late last yr i could feel it steadily creeping back on me,i tried associating it wth stress or my menstruation,only because i was scared and didnt want tell myself it was a tumor or something.what was different this time though,was,along wth the dizziness i started getting ths funny taste/smell at the back of my throat/nose.and my phlegm was slightly bloody.i could actually feel like phlegm was sliding down the back of my nose to my throat.and all the while i'm dizzy,front of head stuffy,a 'breeze-like' sound in ear,blurry vision,slight nausea,oh so forgetful and foggy..always afraid to leave home(folks saying it just in my mind)abed most of the times.one time the dizziness literally woke me from sleeping,i was amazed,trying to go use the bathroom and the whole place spinning,had to hold on for dear life while praying to god to help me.so to me it seems this ailment has remission periods.whn i have one or a couple of my good days,i literally go on my knees and thank god for them,no one,but no one knows wht ths feels like unless they have experience it.the epley mannouver also helps me a bit.i have to go for a mri soon.and i take stemmetil to help wth the dizziness.now,awhile back i had the flu/cold,went and got me antibiotics for the coughing and the yucky color phlegm i was spitting out,i did not make the ten days requirement,seeing as antibiotics always gives me a terrible,terrible yeast infection.so said so done,the infection was horrible.so about three days ago i got wet in a drizzle,now all of a sudden,i've acquired ths stupid throat clearing and a dry cough,which as i write seems to be turning into a wet cough.i stand correctd,after the flu and antibiotics i was clearing my throat thn,its just tht now it is worse,not to mention the cough.and i have alot of phlegm in the back of my throat,swallowing,at least it feels like alot,but whn i try to spit it out,its not much.i wonder if i've got a sinus leak??? and could it be sinus tht causes the dizziness,cause all of a sudden i have it slight today.. any imput would be welcome...
I have had sinusitus and been in pain for 5 weeks, no more discharge from nose which was not very much anyway but pain behind my eyes especially on movement of them. A friend of mine had similar and she called me to tell me she had been diagnosed with Temporal Artery, A dangerous condition when left. Its worth checking and I'm off to see the doc tomorrow after 5 weeks of different antibiotics etc. need answers before I scream
Hello tognem,
I am sorry to hear how lousy you feel.  When I started the diet, I felt like I had the flu for about 2-3 weeks.  I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear.  When the Candida is dying it can release toxins into your body as it dies off.  This can give you flu-like symptoms.  I had it so bad that I couldn't stop all forms of sugars cold turkey.  I didn't eat sugar but I would eat some fruit in the beginning because I felt so terrible.  Eventually, I was able to eliminate fruit too.  After the initial die off I felt much better.  Today I feel like a new person!  Candida can make food allergies worse.  Are you sure you aren't eating something you are allergic to?  It's a long process to get rid of Candida but it's so worth it!  Blessing to you and please let me know if you have any other questions. ie. What foods I eat, probiotics( a must with the diet), or anything else!  Take care!
Hello  to all, esp. Magnum,
BEAR WITH ME, I'M NEW AND NOT TOO SURE IF I'M DOING THIS CORRECTLY.
I have been suffering for 1.5yrs. with allergy/sinus related issues..over medicated, tested head to top, and no answers. I  had mri's, ct scans, cerebral angiogram (they insisted on looking for a fistuala, which I don't have) I saw your message (Magnum) and decided to join this blog. I was hoping that my next ENT visist (4-5th opinion) would result in getting the ballon surgery. Now, that I'm in this blog I'm reading that it didn't really work for you, my heart sank...as that was the only thing I was hoping that would work. Stress is adding up ea. day this continues...hard to cope with
.  My issues are: nose burning/front face to  cheek pressures (all left side) gets hard achy to forehead, ear and jawline,lips swollen, numbness. . I have grass,weed allergies (timonthy, esp) but not food allergies. Coughing is horrible (non-smoker) and I am always v.v. tired. I'm in my mid 70's. I look fine but "looks are deceiving"..I don't "feel" the way people see me. This past year has brought me down to a lower level with in/out doctors offices, mri's (3hr brain, head, sinus).cerebral test:.New York Presbyterian Hospital for brain angio scan also, test results fine..I had root canal, oral surgeon check teeth, fine.  Neurologist,opthamoligist tested and ev/thing was fine. Eye dr. all have diff. opinions. Cataract possible, I say no. I can read, see across the room, etc. I'm off balance,
esp. when walking in stores..eyes get "off"...feeling s/what dizzy and want to go home.. I've been on every
medication one can think of. One diagnosis:tic douloureaux..but medication swelled my ankles and I decided "STOP"..it helped with severe left ear pain..but didn't solve other problems, not worth taking medication if I'm not sure I have tic douloureaux (nerve face).
I have another appt. with anoter ENT dr. next month and I'm sure i'm going to get the same answer.."your sinus is clear"...If so, then why does the neti pot bring out this "clear gel" substance...after cups, cups of neti solution? First cup the solution doesn't go thru nostrils...so, s/thing has to be clogged is my opinion, but what? My facial bone scan is fine..blood work fine...there isn't any part of my body that hasn't been checked.  Getting me down as I don't shop in stores like I use to...walking and focusing is very hard. I've been tested by opth/neurologist..fine.
I recently had my basement walls ripped out as my kids feared "mold"..but my dr. said "mold" is outside also. I think "snow" may be the solution, I'm hoping to tune in to this blog daily and see If WE CAN HELP EA. OTHER THRU THIS TERRIBLE TORMENT. ALL IN MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS!!
Hello Irishbred,
I am new here too so I hope it's ok that I am replying to you.  I had a very similar experience.  I was always sick. My face would swell, hurt and feel numb but only on my right side.  Dr.'s would give me an antibiotic and I would feel better for a few days and start all over.  Then the antibiotics weren't working either.  I was convinced it was a tooth.  I saw 3 dentists, 3 oral surgeons and they all said the same thing.  Not your tooth.  I also saw multiple family drs, had $1000 in blood work, everything was normal.  I saw 2 ENTs, had x rays etc.  Sinuses fine.  My allergist finally figured it out.  I had a severe allergy to mold that I picked up in the fall and it stayed in my sinus for 4 months causing me grief.  My regular family dr had given me a nasal spray that was actually feeding the mold!  Allergist gave me Patanase.  It's awesome!  The real problem however was an underlying problem of systemic Candida. I had such an overgrowth of yeast infection throughout my entire system that it really causes problems.  The list of symptoms is unbelievable many of which I had been complaining about to family dr.'s for years but sent home with no answers.  Please Google candida and see if you think you might have it.  Also there is any easy, free saliva test you can do at home to check.  Candida causes allergies to get really, really bad.  An allergy that may have been mild for you could become much worse if you have candida.  Many of the regular drs don't check for it and some don't even believe it is real.  I am here to say it is very real.  I have talked to so many people who have it and didn't know for years and years. If you have a history of taking antibiotics there is a really good chance you have it.  I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions.  Blessings!  
Hi Lilly,
I'm happy to hear from you appreciate your taking the time to respond, thank you so much. When on antibi's I usually take "natures bounty, probiotic complex,acidophilus 2 billion (harmless) which helps.restore the good bacteria that's destroyed by antibiotics..I can't say I've been on antib's as much as other medication for allergy..but I have taken antibi' within the past year.  I've been on nasal sprays..i.e. astepro, ventolin, omnaris,symbicort.patanase too..It's the burning nostrils and off balance that hard to deal with. Last was inhaler for cough, nothing worked.
I'm going to google candida. How did your doctor resolve the candida problem? Glad your problem was solved.
I swear by the "neti pot" which helps clear out the tiny bits of mucus from head. My hemotologist said "mold" (house) can cause a huge problem with one's system. However, mold is outside on the leaves, trees. . Thank you Lilly,  Blessings to you too...
Hi Irishbred,
Candida albicans is a yeast that occurs naturally in everyone.  Normally it lives in harmony with other microorganisms. When something upsets the balance, then we get an overgrowth. If it's really bad it can cause leaky gut and the candida goes directly to the bloodstream and throughout the body causing all kinds of problems. Mine were the allergy symptoms I already mentioned, double vision, flashing spots in eyes, brain fog, adrenal problems, bloating, sugar cravings, weight gain, to name a few. Not everyone that has it has taken antibiotics.  Other meds can cause issues too, like prednisone.  Or a weakened immune system lets the candida flourish.  Some drs think up to 70% of population is plagued by some level of candida overgrowth so it's worth checking out.  The only way to get rid of it is through a special diet.  No sugar, vinegar or yeast.  The fungus is fed by sugar so it has to be starved.  There are natural remedies that help kill it off too. Grapefruitseed extract, pau d'arco tea, probiotics to name a few.
Regarding the mold, I am allergic to the most common mold in my area.  It's everywhere.  Since I got the Candida under control, my mold and all allergies have improved. I still have bad times when all allergen levels are super high, but much better now.  I also do sublingual immunotherapy (allergy drops). They really work. People come from all over the country to see this group of allergists.   I am allergic to candida itself. Gotta love allergies, huh? Sometimes it seems we can't win.
You are so right about the Neti pot. It's awesome. Our whole family uses it.  
I have read stories online about people who "cure" Candida in days, weeks and some have said hours.  For people I have talked to that have systemic Candida, it takes 6 months to many years.  The good news is once you start eating right you should have great improvement after you suffer through the initial die off stage.  
Hope you find some answers soon to what's causing your symptoms!  Blessings to you!
Those of you thinking you have sinus problems because of where the aches are the dizzyness etc., please listen.
If the sinus thing due to alergies (allergies) doesn't add up, here is what I found out, thank God.  I had all these same symptoms but to cut to the chase, it was my teeth. When I slept, I ground my teeth together, until I got a night gaurd. The pressure was so fierce, that I was shifting roots up and was irratating the sinus wall cause them to react. On top of that, the grinding all night was giving me sever headaches. Front, temples, back of the head and neck but the wierdest was, "in the middle" like a seed in an apple. No doctor ever helped me. If not for my wife telling me to get my teeth checked because she could here my grinding some nights, I don't know where I would be today. The dentist looked, told me my back teeth were flat (from grinding) duh, and fitted me with a night gaurd shortly there after. First morning I woke up with it, I felt like I could run a marathon. No headaches, no sinus pressure, nothing. That was 15 years ago and 6 appliances ago. I sure hope I can help somone with this.
I have all the same symptoms as everyone else so I'm not going to bother listing them all but does anyone else experience turbinate swelling?  I usually always have at least one side of my nose that is pretty well completely plugged from the turbinate swelling too much.  This is at its worst at night time but also happens throughout the day.  Please respond back and let me know whether you experience this too or not.  Thanks.
I said I wasn't going to list all my symptoms but I decided I would anyways because maybe some of you are experiencing some additional symptoms similar to mine.  If you are and wish to discuss them please send me a private message.

I have been feeling this way for almost 8 years now and things continue to get worse. I have seen no improvement over this time, just a steady decline in my health.

It all started with fatigue, and feeling spaced out all the time which worsened over the years. In February of 2010 things started to get worse for me. I got really dizzy for about 2 months straight, earache, felt really disoriented all the time and had several consecutive sinus colds.

About a year ago I started developing numerous other symptoms which include the following:

Dizzy, wozziness, off balance feeling
• Feeling spaced out all the time, like my eyes don't focus
• Concentration is terrible, brain fog all the time
• Feeling of pressure in my head
• Eye floaters
• Eye pain
• Light sensitivity
• After images (especially when reading off a computer screen… if I look away I will see the text faintly on the wall for example)
• Tinnitus
• Dull ear ache feeling off and on
• No energy at all, feeling fatigued all the time, yawning all day long
• Muscle twitching, weakness and pain
I have had sinus probs for years.  Allergy shots helped until I stopped once they got too strong for me to handle.  I may start up again since 1 year later my symptoms of headaches, post nasal drip, sinus pressure are back. I take Ibuprofen and it takes away the pain but it only masks the symptoms.  I normally sleep it off.  Prior to this the only medicine that worked was Maxalt. I have had the sinus operation, topamax, Allegra, Xxalt, sinus spays, and none worked.  
I did.  It didn't do anything.  My sinus headaches got worse and eventually I lost most of my sense of smell.
Hi jr991!  Have you ever seen an allergist?  I am starting to sound like a broken record but here goes anyway.  I had a very similar experience for years.  It finally got really bad almost 3 years ago.  I saw 12 Drs before my allergist figured it out.  Candida(yeast overgrowth) and severe mold allergy.  The big problem was the Candida.  If you google Candida you will see many of your symptoms listed.  Especially brain fog.  I saw Drs years ago for brain fog and they looked at me like my hair was on fire! Sent me home feeling like it was all in my head.  Also Google "Candida spit test".  It's gross but it works and you can do it at home for free just to rule out Candida.  A blood test is better but it's a good place to start.  I had your symptoms plus others like double vision, flashing purple spots,  adrenal issues, bloating etc.  Systemic Candida is throughout your entire body so it can really cause problems.  Most Drs don't check for it.  You might consider finding a good allergist if you don't already have one!  Blessings and hope you feel better!
Yes,I read up on candida. I had blood tests, etc. and I don't have the symptoms. CHECK THIS OUT:
go to ACCUWEATHER.COM, ( ENTER YOUR ZIP CODE TOO) and click on allergies...it will mention far down on left side candida being part of sinus problems.
4-5TH ENT DR. TODAY:."same answer"..your sinus is clean..but your parotid tumor has to be done again..they didn't use contrast so the amt. retrieved does not reveal a thing...LUCKY ME"..MORE TESTS. I say when you need a test cat/mri's...please, please ask for contrast..otherwise, your wasting precious time. The doctor was extremely pleasant, very thorough and said allergies can make you have all the symptoms your speaking of. I'm only on singular/prevacid daily.
.Still feel:.off balance, nose burning/raw, pressure/numbness,eyes puffy face/lips...I'm a neti pot "addict"..it takes away some of the pressure/temporarily...then begins all over again. He went down the throat and said 'YOU HAVE A LOT OF MUCUS"...UMMM. yes, why I'm coughing my brains out and lungs ache. Now, back to allergist/ent (brothers) and see what they want me to do next. I don't want any more tests if I can avoid them. Parotid tumor is mostly non-cancerous, he said..but I don't want to chance that. I have no pain there..but the test was not with contrast so..guess I have to go again.
Hang in there everyone...HOPEFULLY "SNOW" WILL COME SOON...
my frontal face skull,cheekbones,nose pains ,i always feel my frontal head has a band of something....like a heavy load in it....but i dont have any pain in the brain....i wish to tell an example how its affecting my daily life.......i am not able to do mathematical calculations fast....whenever i go for even simple mathematical calculations like 13+27=?..my response is very slow....my point is these pains obstruct me to think in free mind...the condition get worse when my friends do calculations very easily.....my pain triples  exponentially. and i get depressed....when ever somebody tells me something although i am hearing at that time but actually i need more time than others to understand.....sometimes i need to hear the lines to understand again.....i cannot make an eye contact easily now...my self confidence is highly affected...i am not able to judge my daily life events properly...and even if i judge properly i suspect maybe i am wrong......i am  always feeling like i am stuck in this vicious cycle,,,huhhh....help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I  have a lot of symptoms that some of you do.  Check out migraine associated vertigo/ dizziness,  you don't have to have typical migraine headaches to have it.  My sister has similar symptoms and was diagnosed with it by dr Baloh at UCLA.  I'm trying to get my insurance to let me see him.  Check it out.  I'm sure that some of you have this.  Good luck
This sounds so much like my symptoms.  I was diagnosed by a ENT as having eustachian tube dysfunction. My chief complaint is the fogginess and the dizziness. I want to be back to normal as soon as possible.  It's been a month already with this horrible condition.
I have most of the exact same symptoms, going on six months.  I've had an allergy test (skin) and it showed no positives and the MRI with contrast when I thought it was my brain.  I've just finished another round of steroids and antibiotics and I'm having a sinus xray this week (insurance would not approve a CT scan for some reason).  I've been on anxiety meds for the last 5 months as this illness just makes me feel out of sorts and constantly nervousand lightheaded.  I've definitely grown in my spirituality throughout this dilema, which is the one positive.  Having things like this happen will really help you put things in prospective.  Everyone just think positive and make the best of each day.  Don't focus on the negative, which is much easier, as it will make your life miserable.  
The lightheaded feeling and the dizziness was setting off anxiety I have never had before. I quit drinking coffee, which helped the anxiety. I was taking an antihistamine daily which was the very thing that messed up my sinuses. I quit taking the antihistamine. It's taking some time for my sinuses to heal but It's definately getting better. I'd much rather have my sinuses drain then have the swelling dizzy head pain.
Hi, I am 21 years old and I have some of the symptomes you describe:

- An unconfortable pressure on different parts of the left side of my head (that reliefs or worses according to my mood or stress.)
- I wake up sneezing (which gives me a little relief)
- Sometimes my left cheek gets a little swollen.
- tearing of the eyes.
- Sometimes I get a little headache on the back part of my head (not too much).
- Sometimes I feel a little dizzy.
- Sometimes I feel anxiety about my futre

I have been like this from 2006. It started once I rocked my head while listening to some rock music. I think this may be something called barré-lieou syndrome, but I'm not sure.

http://www.caringmedical.com/conditions/Barre-Lieou_Syndrome.htm

Please help.
Can you tell us more about the physical therapy that took your symptoms out. Please, I would thank you a lot becasuse I feel what you describe and now that you say your symptoms were gone, you are my hope.
I've had pretty much the same experiences many of you have had . . . Briefly, started with a wicked sinus infection that floored me before it was diagnosed. Since then (about 5 years ago) I've had recurring dizziness, foggy-headness, concentration problems, massive sinus/head pressure etc. Sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse. Since I live in New York City, even going to work was difficult, what with the subway commute, the crowds, etc. I was starting to get pretty anxious about it, to point of the anxiety being a bad as the symptoms. My family doc even suggested that it was all anxiety and recommended that I see a psychiatrist for it (which I was willing to do, but didn't think that was the root of the problem).

But recently I saw an allergist on the off chance that some random allergy was causing this and he suggested pretty strongly that it might be a MIGRAINE. I argued with him a bit, but looked into it further. . . Now I think he was correct. Not a "classic" migraine, but migraine nonetheless. On a recommendation I bought a book, "Heal You Headache, The 1-2-3 Program" by Dr. David Buchholz. Cheesy title, even cheesier cover art. Look it up on Amazon (and read the reviews). Shockingly, every symptom I had was covered in the book, what's more, with a reasonable explanation.

Basically, the idea is this (for those who care):
Most headaches are caused by the same mechanism (migraines, sinus, tension, hangovers, etc) which is swelling and constriction of the blood vessels around your head. This can affect your sinuses just as readily (that swollen, pulsing feeling).
What's confusing is that it's caused by a whole bunch of factors: your natural level of tolerance, the weather, hormones, medicines, food and stress/anxiety. Since most of these are fluctuating around all the time, it's nearly impossible to pin down any one factor that "causes" migraines. So his program, in short, is the following:
1. get rid of any "rebound" meds like decongestants, etc.
2. get on a diet that limits or eliminates the most common migraine triggers (things like caffeine, MSG, red wine, onions, fresh baked goods, etc). Hopefully you'll feel better in a couple months and can start adding back stuff carefully.
3. get migraine medication if that doesn't work after a few months

I've only started this a few weeks ago, but here's what I've found.
1.  had about a week of actual headaches when I stopped coffee. Ouch.
2. was taking about 4 anvil cold/sinus per day. Stopping those didn't affect anything at all, which was surprising, as those were the only things I thought helped.
3. I actually feel much more clear headed and less sinus issues. I do feel pulsing feelings at my temples by the end of the day, but that's minor compared to feeling someone was squeezing a band around my head, which is where I was before.
4. I'm a food guy, so the diet *****, but it's not crazy or too difficult if the sinus/head discomfort was bad enough to try it in the first place;)

I just talked to my doc and he was pretty cool about it (considering he thinks it may be all in my head, so to speak.) He admitted to not much experience with migraines and recommended a neurologist. I'll see him next week and let you know the results, but thought it was worth throwing it out there since so many of you seem to be at wits end (which I understand completely).

And, btw, lest you think I'm shilling this book, I'm not. I think it's definitely worth the $15 buck or whatever it costs (it's already saved me that in Advil costs), but if you don't buy it, no skin off my back. At the least it's something you can mention to your own doc. Thanks to everyone for posting up your stories and letting me know I'm not nuts! Hope this helps someone!
(I've noticed a few forum threads that were similar, I'll post this a couple times, sorry for seeming like I'm spamming if you see it elsewhere)

Thanks for the post. I like the theory and am going to try it out. Thank you very much :)
i too have been suddenky havign these strange issues. i keep thinking i have a brain tumor, or parkisons, or soemthing horrible like that. i feel foggy on and off during the day, i have this pressure in my forehead and behind my eyes, like its my sinus but when the Dr looked up my nose he saw nothing swollen. i used to take benadryl everyday, and since ui stopped that ive been having these issues. i take zyrtch daily now and mucinex but doesnt seem to help. i feel wobbly inside, light headed but heavey headed if that makes any sense, tired all the time, my memory is off, i just feel like crao. my dr says its nothing serious and it should pass when allergy season is over...but im scared its somehting horrible. this board seems to have alot of folks dealing with the same issues...any idea what this could be??
anyone find while in the shower your head feels weird? Numbness? Dizzy?
i should also mention, I'm 31 years old, female, overall I'm very healthy. minus being a hypochondriac that is. i am always convinced I'm dying of something! anyways, the thing that is most worrying to me about this, is that i feel uncoordinated and clumsy. like I'm trembling from the inside out. I'm scared something is wrong but I'm trying to stay calm since a lot people on this site say they are having the same issues as i am so I'm hopeful its just sinus.....anyone have any advice?
I have had similar symptoms as these for months now. I still have no answers from doctors.
Vertigo/dizziness (had this for months now)
Feeling of being outside my body almost (depersonalization), especially in my arms, mostly right arm
Ear pains
Pain down my neck associated with my ears and stiffness from stress
Pressure in my head, especially in temples, sometimes in forehead and top of head
Sinus pressure
Overall cloudy feeling
Been sneezing some days, some days not
Been recently diagnosed with GERD which I believe was caused by numerous antibiotics and taking NSAIDS (Ibuprofen)
Chest pains
Heart palpitations
I could go on.
Treatments and tests: ER 3 times in two months, had lots of heart tests, all normal
Balance test by ENT showed no results
Basically I have no infections that are known to my doctor, no known cause for the dizziness or ear problems. I did have wisdom teeth troubles and I thought that was the cause of the dizziness, but they've been removed for about 6 weeks now. Still having problems.
The ENT recently sent me to see a Physical Therapist for my balance issues. Still no known cause for dizziness. I did have a CT scan of my head at the ER, showed nothing. No MRI though, haven't seen a neurologist. I think I'm dying from something serious a lot of the time. I have anxiety problems and all of this has definitely increased my stress level. I really need answers and am very frustrated. This is debilitating. I lost my job over it. :(
I'm there with you on being a hypochondriac, especially since I've started having all these weird symptoms. Now I'm way too aware of my body and the little strange things that are happening to it. I think our problems are probably a mixture of sinus and anxiety. Stress makes lots of things happen to the body and can worsen symptoms. I know this firsthand. I have to force myself to meditate and try more holistic approaches to my health. I refuse to take anymore antibiotics or meds. Only natural remedies that are safe and will not cause further harm.
all of these sinus systems, headaches and dizziness sound so much like what is going on with me. i went an old school doctor or should i say a pre-historic doctor and he told me use robitussin, just plain robitussin and to ask the pharmacy for just plain robitussin. dont get the one's with cf, pe, or anything in it. yes i myself was confused but it does take the edge off. my only concern is that how long do i keep taking the product. now i had been dealing with sinus pain and presssure and dizziness since july 2011 and as of today i kind of stand by the robitussin and the neti pot. i really really feel your pain out there!!!!!  
i started to think i had parkisons cos i had the shakes and I'm all un coordinated.
this is so depressing
The more it gets in your head, the more your going to shake, and have other symptoms of stress/anxiety.  There's a VERY good chance you have no major issues with you and I would try and do your best to relax and try and take your mind of things.  I am not saying you have no issues at all, but stress and anxiety are probably bringing out your worst symptoms. Hope you feel better soon :)
I have read your post from August. I have exactly the same symptoms as you and it is really scary. The eye doctor says I have good vision and an mri has shown nothing. I have an appointment next month with a ent(ear nose and throat) specialist at the hospital. I was advised to have a ct scan but I am worried that nothing will show as in the mri.
I was off work for 3 months as I got extreeme fatigue, I have ulcerative colitis too so with both things it just knoched me off my feet. I have a permanent headache that is bearable somedays but awful others, bending down is not good and the pain makes me feel sick at times.
I have been like this for over 5 months now and have had to fight at the gp's to be taken seriously.
Can I ask if you did have a ct scan and whether you are better now and what they said you have?
If anyone else can help please let me know. I am struggling but I am back at work on reduced hours and I have a toddler to look after so no rest for me.
Hope you are well
Just caught this link on the Doctors show, might not be anything, might be answer for some???

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videolib/init/82
do you guys have a regular chat
not that i know of?
I have the same problems as a lot of you.  And it hurts to move my eyes does anyone have this issue too???
I have the same problems as a lot of you.  And it hurts to move my eyes does anyone have this issue too??? Also besides all the eye pain/pressure my eyes are blood shot.
I've been getting allergy shots for about 7 months now and I haven't had much relief. This past week
my dosage had to be halved because my injection area had a noticeable reaction. I still had a large reaction at the site but went home Tuesday feeling fine. Wednesday morning I had a migraine (which manifests in only skewed vision, no pain, luckily). By Wednesday my ear was aching and I had a toothache. By Thursday the toothache was incredible but I couldn't pinpoint the tooth. I took amoxicillin 875, Naproxen 1000, eventually by Friday I was taking hydrocodone 7.5, then Saturday I tried Oxycotton with Naproxen.. Nothing stopped the pain. The toothache I thought was in a top molar moved to a lower back molar by Saturday night. I was icing and heating alternately on my cheek. I meditated and found a bit of temporary relief but it didn't last. Early Sunday morning I still hadn't slept but now my face on the left side (side of reactive injection) is numb. Oh the pain is still there but the skin from temple to jaw is numb. My head aches, left ear aches, all my teeth hurt, and I've now taken the Amoxicillin (still) with an Advil Cold and Sinus. Very slight relief.  I've a doc apt on Monday (tomorrow) and we will see what's up. Anyone else just dying in agony from toothache related to allergy shots? What do you do?
I too began having issues with lightheaded/dizziness about a year ago.My left ear felt plugged and would pop. I went to my regular doc who prescribed a round of antibiotics,meclizine and prednisone. When that failed to alleviate my symptoms after two weeks, I was referred to an ENT. That visit was a complete waste. I was never informed to discontinue the meclizine I had been prescribed because it masks the symptoms of vertigo such as nystagmus. I went through a round of testing and all they were able to tell me was I was suffering from hearing loss. I had undergone acupuncture in the past for migraines with great success so I made an appointment. After three weekly treatments, my symptoms were completely gone. I still have brief periods of occasional dizziness or the sensation of movement when I'm still, but nothing like what I went through before. I suffered for six weeks and acupuncture was the only treatment that alleviated my symptoms.
Fungus May be Causing Your Sinus Infections
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2004/04/07/sinus-infections-part-two.aspx

very good article! I hope it help you. Also vaporizations with chamomille herbs
its very good. 0:)
I have been ill for 4 weeks now and currently off work, i has a severe headache whilst shopping and ended up in hospital. A strange feeling came over me like i was going to faint this came and went in waves, very scarey at the time. i had a ct scan which showed possibilty of Arnolds malformation since confirmed following an mri scan. I am currently waiting to see a specialist in the new year.
My gp visited me at home and said my ear tubes were blocked which would not be helping and perscribed antibiotics which he later stopped as they made my symptoms worse, i am now using a nasal spray. it sounds unpleasant but as i sit here tonight i have constant running down the back of my throat. I hold my nose i dont know how many times a day to pop my ears for relief to experience some feeling of normality.
I have felt so ill i worried i would not be able to cook christmas lunch, luckily i has my best day yet with no strange waves which seem to creep up my body and scare me. All was great until this evening, i was watching tv with my family and it started, it came from nowhere so i had to come up to bed and lay down.
I also experience loss of appetite and waves of sickness, my stomach gets very unsettled too, i have had a deep yet low noise in one ear only on and off for 2 weeks and as i sit here my ear will pop.
My gp and friends think i am now experiencing secondry issues due to feeling so unwell and worried, anxiety, possibly panic attacks.
It seems very drama queenish but i find myself in tears praying i can feel normal fit and healthy again and enjoy life like i did prior to this, im worried, my sons are worried and friends think what is happening to me.
I have all the same problems as you do. I have pressure all the time and my vision is bad. I have had sinus surgery and my divaited septum is fixed and caterac's removed this last year and still no relief. I keep getting pressure in my head and my vision keep's changing.The doctor's can't find out what is wrong with me. I have had two cat scan's and a mri. I have taken over 9 antiobotic's since last march. No one seems to beleive me. It is hard to function with all this pressure in your head 24/7. It seems to keep me up at night also.  I was diagnosed with trimineral Nuralgia when all this started with jar pain but my jar pain has went away with med's this is over a year ago. Flonase does not help or allegra I am trying singular now. I just wanted to be clear headed so I can think again. My concentration is real bad. I feel everyone around me is living a normal life and I am just stuck in this strange world of pressure in my head. I feel so alone. The strange thing is if i drink a slurpee or iceee it feels better anything real cold makes me feel better. I quit smoking I hope that helps me. It seems xanax makes the pressure a little better. I can't stand when I get that nerve pain in my face it is very painful feels like a million needles in my face. So to wrap this all up. I had sinus surgery total clean out and it didn't help. I netti potted that did not help. I had caterac's and got them removed hoping that would help and now I am in the same boat all in a year. My next journey will be to the allergy doctor to get shot's. I would really like someone to talk to that has my same problems so I won't think I am crazy with this. I have had three back surgerie's and have fibromyaglia and by far this is the worst thing to have so much pressure in your head and face it really get's on your nerves. So I pray someone will help me. Also I moved from the West Coast to Southeren Texas I am thinking that could be it, never felt like this before I moved here. Thanks so much  
I want to thank Lily 1996 so very much! You've pointed me in the right direction and I now realize I have bad mould allergy. I have exactly the same problem as all of you and even had to stop work because I am always so exhausted and can't think beause of the dizzyness, brain fog and face pressure. My eyes are always so tired, scratchy and red, I wish I could take them out and wash them!

I kept a record of the symptoms and found they were worse on humid, warm days and in the evening when dew settles - what happens is increased warmth and/or moisture releases microscopic mould spores even inside a house/building (air condidtioned buildings are bad too) and if you're allergic to them you react badly. Over time your sinuses, which include all the areas like the ears, eyes, nose, bone beneath the eyes get inflamed too and they progressively get worse and worse and you may or may not have leaking sinuses but you usually have inflammation back there even if it's dry. The membrane between the sinus and the brain is thin so any inflammation/infection can affect thinking and cause fatigue.

I've wiped all my walls and ceilings with domestos bleach to kill any mould spores, had my carpets cleaned with salty water to kill the spores (and lightly spray salt water on them from time to time) , changed my diet to exclude as many sugars as possible, use anti-fungal creams, washes to kill any on my body and I'm actually starting to feel better after about 6 years of this!

Oh and I figured out what causes the anxiety/panic attacks, I think. I believe it's due to a combination of factors 1) Dizzyness causes feelings of unreality and the mind reacts to the body's perception of danger when you feel dizzy and unreal 2) Negative thoughts due to depression because you are so tired and feel useless 4) Lack of sleep also causes anxiety states 3) Feelings of guilt and anxiety because you feel you should be doing more than you are - I feel terribly bad I'm not meeting my goals and working at my chosen career which I used to be very good at.

I hope this helps some of you - I will let you know how I go.
Thanks again Lily - I feel I have some hope!
i was in an accident 2 years ago. At the time the bones from my wrist ended up outside my pinky finger; it was a heck of a crash. Additionally my head impacted the cement and with in moments after the crash I looked like hell boy (my husbands description). At the hospital the goal was to repair the wrist asap. I assumed since I was conscious and answered all the questions correctly the head was irrelevant. In retrospect I should have insisted on evaluation, but the CT and MRI's were booked and the ER doc poo poo'd the possibility of damage.
However, I get intractable headaches over the right frontal lobe where all the swelling occurred (which took 6 weeks to diminish).
The pain is often excruciating. My skull is deformed, I look like a Klingon on the right side of my forehead. I went to a neurologist and he ordered a CT; the results of which stated I had "white" areas where my head impacted the concrete, but since he didn't have a baseline, again he poo poo'd anything serious. He is a jerk.
I can't concentrate (I am a scientist), i have difficulty sleeping, my husband says my personality has changed for the worse (probably because of the aforementiond reasons). I can't exercise and all I want to do is lie down with ice or heat.
I am at the end of my rope. When I was younger I had classic migraine which have diminished over the years; these headaches are not the same. Imitrex does nothing. I use Advil or Excedrin migraine, but am mindful of rebound headaches so mostly i just hope for a rapid exit; truly I'm at the end of hope.
Do I shop for a neurologist or just call it a day?
It's good to know that I am not the only one who suffers from this. I don't get this symptoms often, but when I do, it's really bothering. I don't know what triggers this. My headaches are severe, and the pressure around my nose and eyes is really  bad. I feel dizzy, and can barely reason. Right now is not as bad as other times, but since I am also having PMS symptoms, I feel really misserable.
I have problem with my eyes. When nights fall, my tear automatically drops. Is  the problem related?
http://www.eyesightimprovingexercises.com
I have the same symptoms as everyone else severe head, face, nose and ear pain. Cant lift my head off the pillow.  my main problem that i am scared of is depression and suicidal thoughts.  I get soooo confused and disoriented from the swelling and pressure that I feel I have had the pain so long it debilitates me, cant work, cant function.  Anyone else feel that depressed.  Theres no reason to go on?
This may sound funny,but I feel and have been living like this too for a while
and it one night when I was with my ex-wife having fun and I felt something
like a pop in the upper area near the tample. Can the sinus root up near that
area.

Within about an hour discharge started coming out of my nose like water non
stop. After a few years of this it seems like it's going  inside of the body
and it keeps me feeling warm like in my fore head which can be a bad feeling
most of the time. I am a male. Anyone felt like this before.
sounds like cluster migraines with people with allergies and sinus probs get. As far as your eye bulging sounds like an allergic reaction however that kind of pressure on the eye could be very serious, I suggest next time that happens get to a DR so they can get a visual and test your eye pressure
I feel you pain! I have been going through almost the exact same symptoms for about 3-4 years now. Im only 22 years old. I have eye floaters, disorientation everyday, some days worse than others, dizziness, fatigue, anxiety, and tension. I cannot even drive at night anymore because it feels like tunnel vision or like the pavement is drifting away from me. I have tried Several meds., physical therapy, and even had an MRI done. Nothing has worked for me. Have you had any luck with relieving your symptoms??
I was going to wait to state my question to everyone!! Has everyone or anyone checked thier homes magneticfield readings???
Im feeling the same as all of you but one thing I feel that has not been mentioned is I feel my house move on and off!! Sounds crazy yes, so I took a level and put it on my floor.  Sure enough, my house moves ever so slightly.  Thought I would add that one in!
i have the same symptons as well also followed by different color lights as well as shimmer also a high and sometimes deafening tone also my right eye contracts  usually going unnoticed  and have to fight to keep it open any info would be appreciated
For the past few years, maybe 4 or five I too have had similar symptoms that most of you are describing. I get dizzy spells, blurred weird vision loss sometimes in my left eye, super bad sinus pressure that never release's ( squeaks out ), and pains in my head here and there. I tilt my head back to the left or right, open my mouth a little, and move my head forward and backwards slowly to try to get it to release, and squeak out the sinus pressure. All that happens is I'll here crunching, and short squeaking noises, but never full pressure release. I've been to 3 ENT'S, one have me a CT and showed that there's nothing wrong. I told one ENT how I tilt my head back n forth to help try and release the pressure, and he said to keep doing it if it helps.....idiot! I've never had allergy test or any other tests done, but after reading everyone's comments and posts I'm going to find a new ENT and ask for more testing. The only other thing that makes me wonder if it had something to do with my sinus problems is that. A few years back I had a very badly infected front tooth ( the fang tooth, don't know proper tooth name). There was a huge abcess (abscess) the formed on my gums above the tooth and I had to have the abcess (abscess) and tooth removed by a special dentist. After he pulled the tooth ms popped the abcess (abscess) and drains it ( sorry to be gross). He went up in my face through the hole he pulled the tooth out of with some type of tool and scraped out my sinus or something like that and stuffed what I believe was an area of my sinus with cotton. He said that the infection was so bad that if I waited any longer I would have died :-( because the infection reached the top of my face between my right eye and top of my nose. He went all the way up to there and scraped the infection out. Now I'm not sure if this is causing my sinus pressure and my ears to be blocked (inner ear) or the car accident in 2004 when I hit the left side of my head really hard against my rearview mirror. Resulting in a fractured skull right to the brain, and a permanent metal plate along the left side of my head. Luckily I suffered no brain damage that I know of, but I sometimes wonder if this is the cause of my sinus problems.? Sorry for the confusing way I explained all of this. I am using my iPhone and it's hard to see, and type and all that good stuff :-) Hope everyone feels better! Mike
My Friends:

I hope to God that you are all well. I've been struggling with the same problems you all have for most of my childhood and all my adult life. I haven't had the privilege to see a doctor about it as you all have and have very rarely taken that as an option, as the expenses for my family would be too great.

However, I believe I know what it is.

The symptoms, the ache at the right cheek, the extreme pressure at the temples, the headaches, the vertigo, the bulging eye as if it is being pushed out of its socket...All of it, I know. I am in absolute shock that one of you even recalled childhood memories of trauma. I have been going through those memories, on loop, as long as I can remember. Remembering nothing but hard times. At this point in my life (early 20's) it has affected me psychologically but I have been getting better, as my college has offered treatment.

But this isn't the solution.

You'll think I'm insane. What I figured out is that it is simply the jaw dislocated. I believe I just fixed it. I have been pushing back on my teeth (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF) for the better portion of 2 years now out of sheer desperation. It finally worked. I felt the pop. My right eye burns, the one that felt that was being plucked out of its socket. The left side of my right eye for the first time is receiving lubrication, as it was quite literally being crushed by the pressure of the roots of my teeth pushing against one another. I would recommend ALL of you, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU to seek an orthodontist for maxillofacial treatment or surgery. Do NOT wait. I have become bipolar, unstable, suffering from a cocktail of mental disorders as all I remembered throughout the years was my childhood, and it wasn't very fun growing up in a 3rd world country. But that's not the point.

It WILL wear you down. It WILL affect you. It WILL suck the life out of you. You will be tied down to nothing but psychological and physical pain unless you do something about it. I have been diagnosed recently with TMD, a jaw disorder, but I suspect it might not be the primary cause. At this point, I dont know. All I know is that today 3:56 AM Eastern Time in Gainesville, Florida, with bloody nostrils, vertigo, constant vomiting, bloody fingertips (I did not use tools as this probably would have compromised the structural integrity of the teeth) and nails worn halfway down the nailbed, I pushed the right second molar back into its rightful position. My vision is not as impaired. I don't see double as much, although it still persists slightly when I relax my eyes. I believe there is still some work to do.

I didn't have the money to seek medical help. Like I said, I am in my early 20's. I realize from my life that nobody owes you a f..king thing, and I accept that. I am not even angry or bitter about that. But it is absolutely maddening to go about talking to doctors at this point and they are all scratching their heads about the horrible pressure, pain, the needles that I feel at my jaw, my temple, beneath and behind my eye, the inability to eat or sleep.

But don't lose hope. Just get sh.t done.
Sounds a lot like symptoms might be related to air pollution.  You can subscribe to emails from "Airnow" to get forecasts of air pollution for your area.  Also the air quality maps are on the "Airnow" website.  I get similar symptoms whenever the air quality is above "38", which the EPA says is in the "Good" range; however, there has been research recently (see article by Dr. Peden, UNC School of Public Health - online) that showed that ozone in the EPA's upper range of "good" is even harmful to young, healthy adults.  Unfortunately Obama didn't opt to strengthen the ozone regulations last year when the chance arose.  People need much cleaner air than we have in order to feel good and be healthy.
The shimmering is called "scintillating scotoma"
I have candidia and it is really hard to change your diet for something sweet, I would like to know if you ate something sweet or suggest a sugar substitue while you was treating this. Right now I have dizziness with stuffed sinus that is driving me crazy, I have not been out of the house for about 5 days, I need to work but I can't with the dizziness, is there anything I can take for this?
Thank God I've found someone else who's going through this.  It's a living hell
and I am now barely able to hear or focus on what anyone is saying or what
I'm doing.  Now up to 18 aspirin a day, the pain WILL NOT LEAVE.  Can't even
sleep.
Hi everyone!  I posted here quite some time ago with the same symptoms that a lot of people are having.  I have discovered a few things that might be helpful to some people.  My employer replaced the carpeting in my office which has helped tremendously.  I also noticed that after having our air conditioning unit fixed early in the summer that as soon as it kicked on again, I immediately got swollen sinus' and started getting that off balance feeling.  Turned out, the technician did not put our filter back in and all the crap from the basement was coming through the vent.  The response was immediate.  There is mold around the area where our unit is and I have been unable to get the landlord to "clean it up".  I now keep the vent closest to me closed and have not had nearly the amount of problems I was experienceing.  I have also noticed that when I don't stress myself out when the symptoms start, that it is nearly not as bad and doesn't last as long.  I have finally discovered through years of seeking an answer, that I have an S shaped deviated septum that is blocking the mucous in my sinus from draining properly.  It takes a while.  Saline spray helps speed the process.  I am not quite ready to accept surgery and the solution as my septum is deviated close to the sphenoid sinus and that can be dangerous.  I can live with this as long as I know what it is so it is Advil and Saline for me.  Weather changes are the worst!  That and flying.  I have found that if I use EarPlanes and Dristan nasal spray, the pain is tolerable.
Re: Horrible Sinus Pressure, Dizziness, Pain and Headache

I decided to join this forum to share my horrible nightmare the past 3 months which I considered life-changing and humbling experience as well. I am a 34-year old Asian woman, a little overweight at 130 pounds, height of  5’ft 1 and generally a healthy individual with normal metabolic parameters ( in terms of sugar levels, cholesterol, fatty liver, etc.) and blood pressure. I had a surgery three years ago for a benign cyst in my right breast, but nothing serious after that.

Now let me share my story. It all started the first week of May, 2012 when I started getting dizzy spells constantly. It’s  a kind of dizziness that is lightheaded without spinning sensation. And it seems like I don’t get the actual perception of reality. It’s  like I am in a dream and there is a soft fog right beneath my eyes that cause me to unable to perceive things clearly like floating and being drunk though my vision is clear, hearing is audible and movement came normal. I couldn’t think of any other way to describe the feeling because it’s really extraordinary and weird but I hope I make sense.

Just when I thought that there’s nothing serious to proceed, then series of unfortunate events happened. In the next two weeks my dizzy spells was aggravated by tension headache  and pressure at the back of my head. What’s even scary was the feeling I get every time I tilt my head up such that my skull is being ripped into half followed by the nerves of my head being stretched towards my chest whenever I put my head down. By this time the feeling is extremely terrifying and I thought that I was dying and up to something really horrible.

What I went to to get a diagnosis:
I have had all of these same symptoms pretty much my whole life off and on and have gotten worse especially in the last 2 years.  Such debilitating sinus pain and congestion I can barely leave my house because I am too tired and am in too much pain to deal with normal everyday activities.  I have been taking ibuprofen at least 3x per day for the last 6 months for the pressure in my head.  I feel dizzy, fatigued, and have frequent migraines and if it isn't a migraine, it is a daily headache.  All the while never really was sneezing though which I found was odd if it was allergy related.  I never went to a doctor for my fatigue I just thought it was due to a busy lifestyle-working, nursing school, daily stressors, and social life but I did start getting bad acne in which I finally went to a dermatologist for.  Low and behold, my acne is due to a massive fungal infection which is due to having a gluten allergy.  I never in a million years thought a food allergy could manifest itself as sinus pressure, dizziness, and even neck and shoulder pain.  I am currently on ketonidazole 100 mg a day for 30 days and slowly but surely cutting out the gluten, and I am feeling better already.  Don't let your doctor convince you that you are crazy and try to prescribe you anti-depressants or anti-psychotics.  There is a reason for our symptoms and pain you just have to keep searching for the answer.  I wish everyone all the luck in the world on your quest to figure it out.  
In response to your sinuses, I have found some relief with acupuncture.

By any chance did you take the flumist prior to this starting?
For those looking for answers to there dizziness, brain fog, etc. I encourage you to take a look at this article http://vsofm.com/
Hey guyz I've been going threw  hell for the last 6 years with this bs people just don't understand how hard this curse is
Just wondering if you ever figured it out?  I have a similar problem - fine till late in the evening when it hits like a ton of bricks, includes pain, pressure, dizziness. Hesitant to take antibiotics.
wow you have just described me I have been this way now for 6 months and also bad vertigo. I had a CT and MRI they found a brain cyst but they don't think its coming from this I have fluid in my ears to sometimes no one seems to give me any answers let me know if you get any :( I know how you feel.
I to am having shimmering visual static or snow like some describe I went to the eye doctor on Thursday 8/15/13 and he did a thorough eye exam and said everything looked normal so i went to my family doctor later the same day and told him about my symtoms (symptoms), flashing of lights, sensitivity to light, dimming of light, head ache behind my eyes and head constantly nulling sometimes intense pain! the shimmering visual static is constant 24/7, Its driving me crazy I have to take anxiety medicine cause i get scared! He diagnosed it as ocular migraine and i started Fri. 8/16/13 a methyiprednisolone pack regiment 4mg tablets! He said to be he is convinced i'll be cured by monday or tuesday if not to come back and he will try a different course of action! I am scared to death that it will never go away.

Question Please can sinuses cause this as well the shimmering visual static cause there is pressure around my eyes and i know sinuses also can cause pressure on your eyes

The shimmering visual static is terrible i'm so scared!

I am not certain if your male or female, but if female you may have hypogammagloblinemia or if your male x- linked agammaglobulinemia. These are genetic disordered's that affects the body's ability to fight infection.  Basically your B cells produce little to no antibodies called immunoglobulinins. This would be an indicator when a patient is having reoccurring infections and oral antibiotics are not seeing to help. I would suggest you see a hematologist if you have not already
HI i just read your comment.  I am experiencing so many symptoms at once that I was starting to believe that i may have a brain tumor or some growth in my head.  This all started back over half a year ago i started to get a small pain between my eye brows.  Didn't think anything of it.  Then I saw (not flashing) but it looked like little random  slivers of light every once in a while and some people said something about nerves and stress.  It came a little more often then I noticed my vision changed.  My night vision is almost obsolete and I almost thought "oh no" are my retinas detaching, but the thing is i can read and focus fine.... this vision problem is something i never heard of.. it looks almost stat icky or as if I can see particles of everything vibrating or not put together right.  Almost what it looks like when you turn on an old television set before everything becomes a whole picture, or have you ever pressed your palms against your eyes closed and it made a stat icky color from the pressure?  I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else but that is the best way i can describe what i am experiencing. Anyways the head ache diminished a little then i noticed i got dizzy every once in awhile and almost disoriented and brain foggish.   Now over the past week and a half these symptoms became worse and then came the slight high pitched ringing in the ears where your not sure if you are imagining it and now pressure on my ears to a point I can't even travel or walk down a straight path that doesn't even have an incline and my head and ears start going crazy as if I'm driving or hiking the Appalachian Mountains!  The pressure is back harder then ever and spread all over the front and sides of my head.   I am 28 yrs old and not to bad in shape.  I have not had any allergies that I know of before and I do not have other symptoms like itchy eyes and  nasal drainage.  So I am assuming this is another form of allergies for me.  Or maybe if could be like yours.  I am now on a quest to find out what this is.  Unfortunately this could be a lot of things.  But reading your comment makes me hopeful.  Thank you:)
I had tingling in my legs & arms muscle aches in arms & legs it's like they want to get cramps in them had a blood test done to find out I have to much potassium a 5.7 & a 6 means danger was told to drink lots of water still did not know why the levels of potassium was so high but if you knew me I would have this I am thinking that this sinus  pressure & so weak I have trouble walking might make the potassium levels high any way I have cracking in my left side of nose too the pain is bad when that happens does anyone have cracking in nose too I do breath steam which helps but can't get rid of this being so weak.
I just start having the same pain that all you have experiences. I'm 57 had headaches all my life but nothing this bad. The pain level is over 10. I just feel like taking a gun to my head the pain is so bad. The pain develops while I'm sleeping, no warning signs. It just hits like a baseball bat. It's been like this for the past 1 1/2. I'm so tired, I hate going to bed. I wake up every night with same pain on my RT side of my face, noise burning, pain in RT eye, RT cheek, inside RT ear, back of the RT ear. Then I get a sever headache right side of my head, face, eye, neck. I've been using hot water in a coffee cup, press on the RT side of the noise, cheek. That has help. But the problem is still there. It's everyday. I can't take this pain anymore. It's out of control..Thank you for listening. Greg
I can speak personally about the Lyme disease angle.  Very delayed diagnosis (years) has created a host of problems for me.  Secondary infections seems to be one of the biggest issues due to the impact of chronic Lyme disease on the immune system...
The good doctor is wrong inflamed sinuses put pressure on the ear nerve, causing dizziness nausea,  and the  optic nerve, causing blurred vision, bulging or pressured eyes,  and nerve pressure may even cause slurred speech. Just know doctor have some ideas of some of the symtoms (symptoms) but NOT all of the symptoms everyone is different in sensitivity
The good doctor is wrong , inflamed sinuses put pressure on the ear nerve, causing dizziness,  nausea,  and also pressure on the  optic nerve, causing blurred vision, bulging or pressured eyes,  and nerve pressure may even cause slurred speech. Just know doctor have some ideas of some of the symtoms (symptoms) but NOT all of the symptoms everyone is different in sensitivity
For dizziness my ND ran a  Candida check. The sinus issue may stopped in it tracks by just  stopping ALL dairy right away , milk cheese cream for two months at least to see how you feel but you should start seeing some improvements within a couple weeks, she also gave me super good quality collodial silver nose spray with a drop of peppermint wow that helped along with salt. baking soda in neti pot.  Also dizziness may be caused by diabetes, vitamins, enviroment and food  allergies,  thyroid and Cortisol levels, and teeth infections, inflamed sinuses.  
Possible causes for  dizziness get checked for sinus infections,  dental infections  and hidden dental infections, ear infection,  grinding your teeth at night may cause dizziness  get a night guard this may stop dizziness, Food allergies are serious they cause dizziness even death consider   stopping all gluten,   all dairy  sugar , caffeine and all grains stop them all and  see how you feel. Stop your vitamins you might be allergic to stuff your take everyday.   Also dizziness may be caused by diabetes,  environment ( hidden molds in cars, house or work) get a mold mycotoxins test, radon, EMS  electromagnetic sensitivity cell phones, cell phone tower smart phones, lab tops microwaves  and smart meters .  Get  thyroid checked. Also get the saliva test for  cortisol levels, and hormones  which is able to isolate highs and lows thorough out the day these  fluctuations  may cause dizziness , Get the adrenal glands checked and  iron levels , and B-12 levels checked.   Viruses can cause dizziness.  Consider a couple months of  Vitamin C IV's see if you don't feel better.
My heart goes out to you  Greg, I truly sympathize with you. Just know there is light ahead!   I saw over 50 doctors 4 ENTs 4 dentist, 2 rheumatologist ,2 lung specialist I had exploratory surgery ophthalmologist, colonscopy endoscopy, allergist,  immunologist and  infectious disease and I had five lyme tests all tests were negative, I had on-going IV's it was insane ...A ND - naturopathic doctor found I had SIBO  I went on the Gaps diet and felt better, but I was still dizziness, general malaise  flu like feeling and pressure in my head . This was a time  when I  just wanted to turn out the light and never wake up. I prayed a lot it took 16 months, and finally found a truly caring and  amazing doctor. My Integrative doctor actually figured out the cause of my problem which was mold and then he attended  a  conference regarding my mold poisoning he helped me so much!  NEVER ever give up ...there are Naturopathic doctors and Chinese medicine doctors  and   MD'S that can help I prefer  integrative medical doctors because they seem way more thoughtful in their approach and much more broader scope of information to reach to in order to help others.  A while back when I was in my twenties my MD  thought I had a stoke because one  of my eyes was suddenly drooping . Then came many tests and full body MRI, etc... . The medical university here is  filled with many world experts but none could  help me!  A week later I was getting a  massage with a student that was studying Chinese Medicine. Soon as I told her my story she set up and appointment for me to see her  Chinese Medicine professor, after seeing him and taking few cups of herbs, He cured me in 24 Hours my eyes were normal ! I was so blown away and have carried that remarkable experience with me. So I know for all of the people on this forum there is always a cure  all it takes is the right doctor and beginning to look at every single thing in your life might help you track down the cause  
The first thing my doctor did was  told me to eating stop salt and go on a healthy organic diet and his nutrionist  told me to read Gut and Psychology book . So it could be a food allergy all the symptoms you listed can be caused by wheat dairy sugar. I'm allergic to wheat,  wheat.gluten is horrible for you it can cause pretty serious reactions ....just get on the GAP or the SCD diet  for a about few month the nutritionist told me to stay on it for one year just to be sure it is pretty easy diet. Also you might have the new illness,EMS electo magnetic sensitivities you symptoms could also be related to this so with advancedment technology come EMS stay away from microwaves, lab tops, cell phones and smart meters .  Could it be hidden mold issues?
Maybe this could help, I don't profess to know what it is causing it but this is what I have done, when I originally thought it was sinus issues.

Try going to live with a relative for a couple of months (I know this is not an easy thing to ask). Perhaps the symptoms may get better (depending on how long you have been with the problems). After that, try eating a mold free diet, and intaking lots of probiotics (acidophilus). Also, if possible, taking antihistamines for some time and seeing if those symptoms go away.

My issue was swollen eyes, sinus aches, very bad discomfort, literally little hard balls of rheum (eye crusties) were being release from within my lacrimary glands and it irritated my tear ducts all the way through it was released at the back of my throat. Doctors couldn't find the problem said everything was fine, ENT's, neurologist, eye doctors, eye doctors who specialized in the tear ducts, etc..  Until I was suspicious of an A.C. that I had placed inside the house a month ago. At one point I saw a black fuzzy thing floating in the air that went into my mouth. I felt my tongue and lips spiking upwards at that instant. I thought I had imagined it, and later on I saw another small fuzzy thing land on my leg. After that, my gut was that perhaps it was some type of mold and I ran with the AC into the garbage dumpster. I moved to my mom's for about 2 months and felt much much better. We did an air quality test in the apartment and it showed that there was a type of plant fungi that came in into the house called smut. It was at a very high level, but the mold remediator mentioned that such type of fungi was not dangerous, it doesn't grow indoors, and it can just be aired out.

Perhaps this is unrelated, but I wanted to share my experience with you guys so that perhaps it would help!
Thanks for all of yalls info , Ive been having random head pressure especially to from the temples up and to the front lately with cloudy thinking , very slight dizziness when bending down especially, tired all the time ,had some neck stiffness for over a week and a half but thats gone and my vision has been off with no drainage for about a month . I had similar symptoms about 3 or 4 years ago that started in February lasted june . Last time  I went to the doc 4 or 5 times nothing helped and they were talking about possible sinus surgery . Finally in june I was out side working on busting up some concrete with a 6 foot steel bar so my wife could plant a flower bed where a old yard light was and all of sudden I felt like I was choking . I fell to my knees literally choking to death on something , I was able to cough it up a massive ball (almost tennis ball size) of nasty mucus filled with dried blood and other junk . After that I had nose bleeds for a few days and all the symptoms went away .Im guessing the vibration and activity loosened every thing up .I dont have any more concrete to bust up unfortunately  , been hoping splitting wood would do it but no luck . So far the first visit to a patient first doc the told me sinus infection , they gave me some antibotics with no real change .After that I went back to my primary doc and he was out sick so his assistant saw me and told me I had some fluid build up in my ears and mild case of thrush. At the time my neck felt stiff /swollen so it was my main concern .  She told me to eat yogurt if I liked it and start taking probotics . Well I started to eat yogurt and the thrush was gone in a day or so . I also started taking probotics and had broke out into sweats in the middle of the night two nights in a row so I stopped  taking them . But after reading all of this Im going back on them and going to cut my sugar intake even more to see if it helps with my issue .
Has anybody found a solution to this? I notice some comments were all the way back from 2006. There's got to be a solution.
Mine started in November of 2012.  Had sinus pain and pressure and I thought its that time of year.  Brushed it off but it persisted.  There are days I am fine and then there are days that bring tears to my eyes.  I literally do not know what to do?  I also sink into a depression and have developed a twitch. I feel dizzy and sometimes vision is blurred and see those strange little things float by but they are not there.  I am also a diabetic but would that affect sinuses?   My depression gets really bad when the pressure in my head increases there is no drainage just lots and lots of pressure.  As well I feel like blah.  My eyes are so heavy with the pressure behind them I just want to sleep.  I have no desire to do anything but sleep.  The pain is mainly on my left side behind my eye and down my left nostril.  When I press my forehead between my eyes I can feel it affect my nose.  Is it allergies that I am unaware of? or some kind of growth?  My imagination goes crazy.  Any body else feel like this?  
After dealing with sinus issues for the last few weeks I have been dealing with similar symptoms for the last two weeks. It started with feeling fluid in my right ear on Sunday then when I woke up Monday morning and sat up in bed, the vertigo made me fall back onto my pillow. And scared me as I had no idea what was going on. I went to the dr on Wed and was put on a steroid for a sinus infection,. I did not get the antibiotic because I didn't feel like it was an infection and I do not take rx or otc meds unless absolutely necessary. After taking the steroid with the side effects they give (dizziness being one of them) I still had the vertigo. I went back to the dr. the following Monday and got the antibiotic. Started on it on Monday night. Two of the side effects of the cephalexin are dizziness and headache. This is why I hate using meds. I am an essential oil user and I think that is what has kept me from completely losing my mind as I was already using the oils for anxiety and panic attacks for which they work very well for me. They also prescribed Meclizine for the dizziness but I have not taken any of it. I have an appt. with an ENT but not for 3 weeks. I am going to see my neurologist on Monday. I have had migraines for the last 15 years and I called to see if they could get me in sooner than my scheduled April appt. I want to have a ct or mri done just to rule out any other issue than sinus. I have spent the last two weeks at home because I am too scared to drive and this has basically stopped my life. And I have learned a lot about sinus issues and how bad they can be. Hoping to at least eliminate the things my imagination has come up with once the scans are done. Also, I live in North Alabama which is notorious for horrible allergy causing weather.
Any progress on your problem?? It sounds EXACTLY what I am dealing with...
For the past 4 years I have been having my sinus problem. It all started when I got the common cold one winter, I thought nothing of the clogged ear because every time I got a cold my ears got itchy and clogged. But after the cold had gone away, My ear remained clogged. After one year on the waiting list to see me Ear specialist, he did my exam and prescribed nasal spray,  hearing test, CT scan, sinus xray. all can back neg. My hearing in that ear was a bit  bad compared to what it used to be. Now I find that on rainy humid days My teeth feel really weird almost like the are full of air and very irritated and my ear feels clogged, and feel very light headed :( Also feel confusion :(
Did the neurologist help? I am on amitriplyene for chronic migraines but I still have dizziness everyday and get mild to medium severity headaches everyday. I had a clear MRI 4 years ago but want another one..
Just a suggestion as i have had very similar issues since 2007 and have gone through all kinds of testing, CT, MRI, blood workups you name it....i have the facial pain, dizziness, sinus issues, heck even when so far as pulling out all the carpet in my home, new mattresses, putting in a new heater/ac unit and hepa filters in every room, along with braces for my teeth etc...nothing worked.  

After talking to my ENT earlier this year we decided to go with an Allergy test...i was up for anything and why not been dizzy for 7+ years however, had never been allergic to anything I could remember.  He found I was moderately allergic to many things, nothing food related but to dust, grass, trees, dogs etc.... He had a mixture made up based upon my test results.  I have to take a shot once a week for a year...however, just after shot 7 and the dizziness has gone, the facial pain diminished at least thus far, ive got plenty of shots to go, but heck im excited and wanted to pass it on if you have been through the ringer of test etc...try an allergy test because it sure seems much of my discomfort was related to allergies although i dont think all of it is but in combination with other treatments im going through i feel much much better and my dizzies are gone, at least for now......
I think your neurologist is nuts to say your sinus pressure wont cause dizziness. the sinus cavities are connected to the ears. A simple search online will tell you that sinus pressure can cause dizziness. My symptoms are: sinus pressure/pain behind cheeks and above the upper teeth (mostly the back teeth, but sometimes the front ones as well), headaches in the forehead area sometimes spreading to the back & top of the head, neck & shoulder pain, dizziness, lightheadedness, occasional clogged nose only on one side, but no mucus or discharge, nausea, ear pain, ears feeling clogged, ears popping (similar to what you feel on an airplane), ears itching deep inside where I can't reach to scratch, sneezing, occasional itchy throat, jaw pain (like I want to open my mouth wide to stretch the jaw muscles), seeing spots & flashes in my vision, especially when I'm having severe sinus pain behind the eyes & dizzy spells. One time I laid down & immediately both ears clogged up like they wanted to pop. I immediately started to experience a dizzy spell and pressure behind my cheeks and upper teeth. I've talked to drs about brain tumors. This was my first worry. They all say no. So I started to research "sinus pressure" online an all these symptoms can be accounted for. I asked the drs about these symptoms being caused by sinus pressure & they say yes it can, but unlikely since I have no mucus discharge. But It seems a lot of people are experiencing these sinus symptoms without mucus & drainage.
I have had chronic tension headache for 25 years I have tried everything it horrable it really gets me down just want to have good days instead of feling crap all the time just feels like something is crushing my head all the time any advise very greatfull
that's exactly correct a chiropractic adjustment to the neck due to poor posture fixes sinus problems but to stop the sinus issues from continuing you need to fix and be aware of your posture.
Viewing 401-523 comments: