Allergy Community
Is it possible to be alergic(allergic) to myself?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Ever since a couple of years ago, I can do no physical activity that causes me to sweat.  If I do then I end up becoming very flush, my skin turns red and hives begin to emerge all over my body.  Some of these instances are worse than others.  I usually end up shaking pretty bad, body tempurature spikes then drops, extreme dissyness and worse case scenario is my throat begins to close.  I want to know if anyone knows exactly what causes this and what I can do to treat this so I can go on with a regular life. Please help me?

You need to consult your doctor for these symptoms. What you describe could be a response to the heat - heat allergy.

Try some antiallergic and antihistaminic medications for this for some time.

Do let us know about the progress in your case.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
i know exactley what this is you could be allergic to the sun. many people have this but comfront this to your doctor and get medication. my gramaw had it  and she had the same symptoms. you can go outside but stay aay from the suns rays
But even at night, in a dark room, I could sweat for whatever reason and still break out in hives.  The same thing for cloudy days.

Have you consulted your doctor or allergy specialist?

What do they have to say and what do they think is the probable cause?

Have antihistamine medications been of any help?

Keep us posted and let us know what your doctor tells you and how you are doing.

Regards.

Yes you certainly can become allergic to yourself!!!

This happened to me when I was 16 and I was in hospital without coming home for over five years while the allergies were checked out.

It is called "Auto-Immune-Syndrome."

I was 112 LB before I started getting ill and when it got so bad the weight dropped off me and I went down to about 49 LB.

I was allergic to my skin, and had always had problems with my chest. This time at 16 my chest literally filled up with fluid and my skin just fell off. I had to be covered in wet paper and towels and was laid on a hard doctors bench while a couple of nurses beat my chest back and front.

Please get to the doctors ASAP. It may well be something simple, but to check if you are allergic to anything in your home try staying at a friend’s for 24 hours to see if there is any difference.

My main problems was allergies to 69 things, most fur or feather related. It sounds weird and our home was clean, but I was most allergic to The droppings of fleas from feathers, the feathers in down duvets!

Take care and you can keep in touch if you want.