Allergy Community
Mild Mucosal thickening of the Sphenoid Sinuses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I have been having a great deal of head pressure in the back, side and top of my head ever since a sinus infection 2 months ago.  I had 2 full weeks of antibiotics, and my headaches left for a short time, but a sensation of fullness stayed in my left ear.  This has caused me to feel off balance, and foggy headed, like I may pass out at times.  I just had an MRI and CT of the sinuses that says I have mild mucosal thickening of the sphenoid sinuses and a mild septal deviation.  What should I do about this?  I know I need to see an ENT and will, but it will take some time to get in to see one.  Do I need to worry about this, since it is ongoing and I now picked up some other sinus drainage...yellow mucus issue from my husband.  Do I need antibiotics right away, or am I overly concerned by this foggy, dizzyish, ear fullness feeling?  I get sinus infections at least 2 times per year and I am not aware of any allergies, but maybe there is something that should be tested?
Hi, the common cause for sinusitis is Deviated nasal septum (DNS). This condition leads to obstruction. This can lead to sinus infection, ear infection and headaches.  

The septoplasty or rhinoplasty for deviated nasal septum (DNS) will help you to relieve your symptoms. If sinusitis cannot be managed with medication; surgical drainage would be definitive therapy. I suggest you to consult ENT surgeon for further management. Take care and regards.
Hi! I recently suffered a concussion, and during my CT scan they found "mucosal thickening involving left sphenoid sinus" and diagnosed me with sphenoid sinus disease. They referred me to an ENT specialist but the first appointment available isn't for a couple months. I have spent hours researching & only find vague information. Your symptoms are very similar to mine and was hoping you could inform me on what happened after your visit. Thank you!