Allergy Community
Pollen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Pollen

wonder if its possible for these pollens to reach the lungs since they are airborne. Can it  result to an "itchy" lungs? How unbearable it would be!
How do you mean Itchy' do you mean the skin on your chest , Pollens can be inhaled, and there are other causes .
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Pollen can reach the lungs and can cause an allergic reaction. This can trigger an attack of Asthma. Cough, chest tightness and breathlessness,  the three symptoms are the triad of symptoms for Asthma.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I'm a retired nurse with severe allergies and asthma (congestion controlled with Singular...but still deal w/inflammation, being short of  breath seasonally) .  Sooo..have had same probs w/MDs either not believing what's going on, minimizing it, or admitting there is nothing more they can do,   Had the shots for years..,which took away the fatigue, but not much else.  So am taking multiple brands of antihistamines, often doubling doses...just to be functional.
I think there are some of us who will never really see"normal" again...unless we win the lottery and can move to the coast.  Sure.  I also believe that steroids (prednisone) arethe only real answer for some of us. I am now 70(!) and use it for the horrible flare-ups...and sometimes take it for a couple of days here and there...just to feel normal...and to be able to get things done.
I absolutely treasure ...the good days.  Good luck to all of you.  And ...don't be afraid of steroids.  Educate yourself about them...and use them judiciously...and you'll be ok...and thankful for the occasional, but very real.... relief!