Pregnant and Allergies!!!
Hi All, I am 5 weeks pregnant! and I am having lots of allergies. I sneeze a lot and I am congested all the time.
Are there any home remedies for the same? Is this going to affect the baby?
Anyone else have these problems?
My guess is that this is your first pregnancy, right?  You will find it gets better in about 8 months.  Ask your obstetrician but in my exoerience, its not uncommon and essentially benign.
Hi, welcome to the forum, as for medicines are concerned, one should be very careful before taking any medication. As few drugs are known to cross the placenta and can have adverse effects in fetus. Pregnancy may be complicated by new-onset or preexistent allergic disease, including rhinitis, anaphylaxis, urticaria and angioedema, and atopic dermatitis.  Pregnancy and asthma is extensively studied.

Of the currently available preparations, chlorpheniramine has been recommended as the first generation antihistamine of choice for use during pregnancy. Based on the information available, loratadine or cetirizine may be considered the second generation antihistamines of choice. Pseudoephedrine is a nasal decongestant which can be used for allergic rhinitis. Home remedies like inhalation of eucalyptus will help. You need to consult gynecologist before starting above drugs. Take care and regards.
hi! i'm 30and 6 weeks pregnant(2nd time) and since then i'm having hives. i used to have it 7/8 yrs bforeand during my childhood. will it effect my baby?