Allergy Community
RASH in winter - itchy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

RASH in winter - itchy

any suggestion for raised spots (insanely itchy and angry looking after hot shower).  Professional told me 3 years ago that they were flea bites (but husband, daughter have never experienced flea bites at all  - do have a cat who also does not have fleas bcause of 4-weekly treatment).

I have got these itches for thelast 5-6 years during winter (heaps worse after having hotter showers???) and they tend to break out every week on a different area - eg back last week, legs this week, abdomen next week.

Only thing that stops the itch and seems to slow down the spread/growth is is a 1% aquis solution, bitumen based ointment - no idea of the techo name etc.
I’m annually bitten by fleas for about 15 years now and during the winter they stop biting. Have you been tested for allergies? During the winter most people spend more time in the home than they do outside so it could be an allergy to something inside your home it could be a mold allergy.
Also flea bites blister if have a mark like a mosquito bite with a small blister in the center it’s a flea bite.
So it could be is bed bugs but they would bite the entire family or it could be is a heat rash they blister as well or it could be hives or a heat rash. Only your Dr. can tell you for sure.
Hi, welcome to the forum, you are having allergic response to some unknown allergen. The allergens or triggering factors like dust, fog, pollens etc. can cause the precipitation of these symptoms. These symptoms are exaggerated esp. in winter or cold environment.

There is particular neuronal mechanism exists. When ever you are exposed to allergen there will be release of histamine, this is responsible for raised lesions on skin leading to itching. The order may differ from individuals to individuals.

You need to identify such allergen and prevent further exposure. Oral anti histamines and low potency corticosteroids will help to reduce the symptoms. I suggest you to consult allergy specialist. Take care and regards.