Allergy Community
Stuffed/Runny Nose, Coughing and Sore Throat .. why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Hi all,

Over the past 6 months, I wake up everyday with a stuffy nose, runny nose and a very sore throat which leads me to cough all day. I have done many tests. My own doctor did full blood test, found nothing, but told me I have post nasal drip, which could be why I cannot breath during the night with my nose, so I breath with my mouth and therefore sore throat in the morning. I went and saw an allergy doctor who did skin and blood test and told me I am not allergic to anything. I also saw an ENT who told me that my nose looks blocked but could not find anything else.

Anyone know what is going on here? I am 36 years old, and I have never been allergic to anything and now sure why I am post nasal drip at night when I sleep. Anything I can do to get rid of this? Am I allergic to something in my bedroom?

Hello and welcome to the community.

It sounds like possible GERD.  You need to discus this with your primary car provider.  Some people can have very severe GERD without the typical heartburn symptoms.  Instead the experience respiratory issues of various sorts.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and what your doctor says.

God bless.
It can be due to allergic rhinitis or sinusitis. Allergic rhinitis is a collection of symptoms, predominantly in the nose and eyes, caused by airborne particles of dust, dander, or plant pollens in people who are allergic to these substances.
Please contact an allergic specialist and get skin tests like skin ***** test done. In this a small amount of allergen is introduced into the skin of the forearm and the reaction of the skin is noted. If there is any redness then that person is allergic to the allergen introduced.

Also get a X-ray and CT scan of sinuses done to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing