Allergy Community
Swollen eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Swollen eyes

Can swollen eyes be allergy? I have really swollen eyes what could i do?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The swollen eyes might be due conjunctivitis which is inflammation of the thin transparent membrane which covers the eyes. Conjunctivitis can be caused by infections and noninfectious conditions.  Infections can be due to viral, bacterial and chlamydial. Non infectious causes are allergies, chemicals and injury. Sometimes swollen eyes can occur with other inflammations or infections of other parts of the eye like iris, cornea, lens etc. It's important that an element of injury needs to be ruled out so you will need to consult your primary care physician for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you for you help. I am doing better now.