Topamax possible side effects
Would severe itching on arms be a side affect or reaction to taking topamax?

This discussion is related to itchy arms.

Topamax can cause itching and erythematous rash in some individuals.Although the main side effects of topamax are slower reflexes, trouble thinking or concentrating, tiredness, poor coordination, and dizziness,yet it has shown itchy skin in some individuals.

I feel that if you are showing any allergic reaction to topamax,pls stop taking it and consult your doctor for a change in prescription.You can take over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin for itching.Application of calamine lotion is also soothing.You can apply 1% hydrocortisone cream like dermacort on the itchy areas.If symptoms persist then pls consult your doctor.Oral steroids are needed.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.
I have been taking topamax nights n only get itching at night shortly after taking the medicine I'm afraid to stop taking medicine with my nurse away on vacation afywr taking for a few weeks the side affects of stoppong medicine I suddenlh but also don't know why I only itch nights afyer taking the topamax I never itch in the day only nights after taking the medicine then I have take benedryl after taking the topamax to sleep or I'm io itxhing all night please help
I have had side effects to latuda vraylar had then go on topamax..itching only happens nights after I take medicine is it possible to only itch nights afyer taking this medicine topomax for mg bi polar I only see itch at night and not in he day at all..ot only happens after I take medicine at night and i try not take benedryl as long as I can but cannot sleep for I itch everywhere without benedryl..I can't call my nurse at mental health who prescribed  medicine she's on vacation waiting for docter whoever's on call call me back when they get rhe chance if any advice at all please help om wondering of topamax can cause itching just at night after taking the medicine before bedtime to thank you ..
I experienced the same thing. I have itched like crazy! I weaned myself off of it, the itching is going away. I am sick now. I guess my body is adjusting to being off of it.