Topamax possible side effects
Would severe itching on arms be a side affect or reaction to taking topamax?

This discussion is related to itchy arms.

Topamax can cause itching and erythematous rash in some individuals.Although the main side effects of topamax are slower reflexes, trouble thinking or concentrating, tiredness, poor coordination, and dizziness,yet it has shown itchy skin in some individuals.

I feel that if you are showing any allergic reaction to topamax,pls stop taking it and consult your doctor for a change in prescription.You can take over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin for itching.Application of calamine lotion is also soothing.You can apply 1% hydrocortisone cream like dermacort on the itchy areas.If symptoms persist then pls consult your doctor.Oral steroids are needed.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.
I experienced the same thing. I have itched like crazy! I weaned myself off of it, the itching is going away. I am sick now. I guess my body is adjusting to being off of it.