Unable sneeze now for over a week
ihj
For a week now I've experienced what is the begining of a sneeze ( itching in my nasal passages) but it does not develop into a sneeze, I only get a little drainage before my nose becomes dry again. A week ago, I was ready to sneeze but the sneeze did not come out of my nose but trhough my mouth as if I was exhaling. I have headaches on and off in front of my head. My doctor did not see an infection and prescribed flonese. any suggestions?

Thanks for writing to the forum!
It could be the beginning of allergic rhinitis. What is important is you must find out what is causing this allergy. Common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, synthetic fiber, cosmetics or drugs. You must get an allergy test done, either a skin test or RAST, to know what you are allergic to.

Hope this helps. I think you should discuss this possibility with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I consulted doctor and i have a rhinitis allergy so what can i do to get sneeze again..
ihj
Hello doctornee,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have a doctor’s appointment in a few weeks and I will discuss the possibility with my doctor. It has been very frustrating because not too many doctors take this as a serious concern. I hope is temporary and I get to sneeze fairly soon.