Wheezing, shortness of breath
I have wheezing, shortness of breath. Doctor has prescribed LAVOLIN inhaler - it works for a very short while and my wheezing, breathing difficulty returns back again. Can anyone please help?  
You may need a stronger dose or a different medication.
Perhaps the inhaler along with another medication.
You'll have to go back to the doctor and try different things to see what works for you.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It's a salbutamol inhaler which is used to relive bronchospasm during attacks of wheezing. But asthma is usually triggered by an allergen. These allergens, when exposed to initiate immune mediated reactions which will result in the symptoms you experience. The allergic history usually runs in families.

So, the problem can be tackled at three levels.

At the allergen level, where you can consult an allergy specialist, who after doing some skin tests, will be able to specify some allergens. You can either avoid exposure to these allergens or desensitize yourself.
The second level is prevention of the attacks. For this, there are steroidal inhalers for asthma. The steroid content is very minimal and long-term use will prevent attacks.

For wheezing, during the attacks, you can use salbutamol inhaler.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.