Allergy Community
heart and lungs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

heart and lungs

I have had asthma my whole life and over the past 6-7months noticed my breathing declining very bad shortness of breathe.I recently had a chest xray and they found out I have a 5mm nodule.Are or can these 2 be related? Im scheduled for a ct scan later this week.And how closely are your heart and lungs related over the past year also found out I have mitral valve prolapse and had costcondritis(i think thats how u spell it swelling of the heart walls)just wondering if ALL this could be related? Thanks
Shortness of breath can be due to mitral valve prolapse. Most lung nodules are noncancerous (benign). However, some lung nodules may be cancerous. Solitary lung nodules do not usually produce any symptoms and are considered incidental findings on x-ray. Hence it is likely to due to mitral valve prolapse and you may require treatment like beta blockers, blood thinning drugs or surgery. But you should get a CT scan done for your lung nodule to rule out any serious causes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

This condition typically occurs due to an increased amount of carbon dioxide and decreased supply of oxygen to the blood stream. Shortness of breath may be felt even with the smallest physical effort. In this case, it may be due to heart disease or come as a result of diminished lung capacity because of a lung disease.
24 Hour Emergency Care