rash/hives came back?
2 weeks ago i ate a mango and i got really bad hives and rashes on my face and neck. i found out that the skin of the mango is kind of like poison ivy and since i had peeled the mango myself and touched my face and neck, it made sense to me why it was there. it started going away 5 days ago and all of a sudden i'm starting to itch again in the same spot and i think i'm getting the hives/rashes again. i haven't eaten/touched a mango since the incident. i don't know what is causing this. i haven't changed detergents or shampoo or anything. the food i've been eating are food i've always had before. why do you think it's coming back? my face is starting to get red right now. please help me
I've had a similar experience before. I picked a mango from a tree once and there is  a white gluey substance that leaks from the stem of a freshly picked mango. I got some of this stuff on my chin and it blistered. I've never had any problems handling the skin or eating mango though. I just try to stay clear from the steam area especially if it's freshly picked or has that residue on it. Try putting some benadryl cream on the rash and take an antihistamine for the hives. But monitor it, if it gets serious see a doc.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Urticaria or rash can occur due to allergy to mango. However if the rash is reappearing, then it could also be due to something else. Urticaria is usually triggered by allergens, such as drugs, foods, insect bites, inhaled substances, in response to sunlight, cold, heat, stress, exercise, or a viral infection. Other common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, or cosmetics. Since you experienced an itch, just go over these possibilities in your mind. Something may strike you. In many cases, hives clear up themselves and don’t require diagnosis or treatment. However if they persists you may need to see a specialist called an allergist to determine what is causing the reaction.
Itchy localized rash can be due to allergic dermatitis, eczema, contact dermatitis, shingles, psoriasis, fungal infection like or Tinea corporis. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining the rash. Please consult a skin specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!