Allergy Community
rash on face and neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

rash on face and neck

i woke up this morning with a blotchy red rash on my face and neck and it is spreading slowly. i went the doctors and he said it was an alergic (allergic) reaction and gave me anti histermins but i picked my niece up to give her a love and now she has come out in the same rash but i didnt know you can spread this  can anyone help

You could take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine and see if it helps with your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions to help soothe the itching.

Have you had allergic reactions in the past? Are you allergic to any specific substances?

You could read more about the condition at the following link -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria

You would still need to consult your doctor about the associated symptoms you are having and to rule out any vitamin or mineral deficiency or bacterial or fungal infection or hormonal dysfunction and whether you need a course of antibiotics or other medications.

Let us know about how you are doing and post us about what your doctor advises.

Post us if you need any further information.

Regards.
I have red rashes on my face that appear in the evening and disappear in the morning. They're not as itchy but they spread fast. I can't undrestand why it only happens in the evenings?? Any idea??