sinus and neck pain
Does anyone know if sinus and neck pain are connected.  I havs chronic sinus, especially with all the pollen and have recently began having pain in my neck, mostly on one side running up to the hairline.  thank you
      Chronic sinusitis usually manifests with cough, thick greenish discharge from nose to the back of throat, headache, pain in the jaw and teeth area, pain and swelling near the eyes, cheeks, throat etc. Neck pain along with these symptoms can be radiated pain and could be due to chronic sinusitis. But if you are having only neck pain then it could be related to trauma to the cervical spine, slipped disc, muscle sprain, hypertension etc.
I would recommend that you consult a physician for further examination and confirmation of the cause for this. Best.
I definately for years at the change of the seasons when my nose gets stuffed up and i deal with the chronic sinusitis have  bad neck pain as well they do come hand in hand for me!!! But I have not found anything allergy meds that help
I too have the exact same pain.  I can always tell when a sinus headache is coming on as my neck starts to stiffen and I can feel the pain graduate around to my sinuses.  Usually lasts 3-4 days - and seems very related to the weather.  Nothing over the counter seems to work.. a very hot wash cloth on the sinuses helps though..
i have been suffering frm neckpain associated with sinus for sme time now..lately it has caused back and neck spasms aswell and my eyses have become very sensitive to light
My headaches come directly from the right side of the back of my upper neck.  I now know this comes from allergies, because last year in the same month this happened. I wake up feeling extremely tired and puffy.  I feel the swelling in my head and sinuses puts pressure on the nerves in my neck. My neck was injured by a chiropractor  a couple of years ago, but has gotten better...I thought. Now I only have the pain and headaches during spring.  I know this sounds strange, but now that I've figured this out I'll be going to an allergist...and hope it helps.
Your stuffy nose and back/neck pain may be related. I wrote about my experience with these symptoms and what has helped me in a booklet I recently published called The Stuffy Nose and Back Pain Connection. It is available on Amazon. You might find it a useful resource. Basically, a stuffy nose forces mouth breathing. Chronic mouth breathing has been shown to result in back pain. The medications I have found helpful to clear my sinuses, enable nose breathing, and ease back pain are Nasonex and Pamine.