Allergy Community
throbbing face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

throbbing face

My right face is throbbing for 4 days now . It throbbed 2 weeks  ago for 5 days, then stopped for 3 days, and the throbbing comes back again now. There is no pain, only the face is coming out and in , like pulse. It makes me very uncomfortable. What is that supposed to be ?
Tags: throbbing
  • asthma (2 replies):
    can asthma cause migraines
     Throbbing sensation over one side of the face could be due to migraine, temporal arteritis, muscle sprains, subarachnoid hemorrhage etc. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, obesity, coronary heart disease chances of transient ischemic attack are high. You need to see a physician for further evaluation and confirmation of the cause for this. Best.
Hi, Dr. Veena
Thanks for your suggestion and information. the throbbing stopped for one day, and today it comes back again, I have a migraine for these 3 days, and hope to take medicine only to cure it , so that I would not have to go to Doctor.  I never have any conditions like diabetes or others.  Today the migraine has gone away, but the face is still throbbing. Is it possible that the throbbing is caused by stressed and anxiety over the job and daily life?
     Yes stress and anxiety, panic can cause throbbing or tingling sensation in the body anywhere. Also, stress and other emotional factors cam be implicated in the occurrence of migraine. A migraine attack is preceded by an aura. Aura can be in the form of any symptoms like sensitivity to light, tingling, numbness, throbbing, chest tightness etc. Hope this helps. Best.
Hi, Dr_Veena, can I just leave the conditions alone without treatment? Or can I take any medicine to stop the throbbing?