Alternative Medicine
My total cholesterol number is 228.  My ldl is 154.  My hdl is 51.  Is this normal.  What is normal?  What kind of a diet should I be following?-
If you go to my journal page 3 read the journal titled
How to Naturally Avoid and Remove Dangerous Arterial Plaque
My husband used IV chelation to remove plaque. Before the chelation he had high blood pressure. After it, he didn't. Traditional medicine does not support chelation. But then, there are a lot of tried and true treatments that they don't support.
There is no normal.  Docs ideally like it to be below 200.  You're LDL is on the high side, while your HDL is good and from what's left the worst stuff, the triglycerides, appear to be fine.  All you probably need to do is alter your diet to increase beneficial and neutral fats, and lower harmful fats and simple carbs such as sugar and white flour, which turn to easily oxidized fat (LDL) quite quickly.  Raising your HDL a bit will help prevent oxidation of the LDL.  Basically, less animal fat, more fish fat and other omega 6 fats, fewer omega three fats.  
Dear your Cholesteral & LDL both are borderline high.you can add oat s/ oat  meal in your routine diet . Add things rich in omega 3 & 6 .

on the other side you can drink a cup of cinnamon tea in your routine .

Also switch on to Arjuna Terminalia decoction --1 cup empty stomach.