Alternative Therapies Community
need more ideas

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

need more ideas

This is the worst sinus infection I've ever had...of course, I think I tell myself that every time. lol
Anyway...the sinus rinses have worked in the past, so I did them again this time...bad choice. Now my ears are totally messed up.
I have Meniere's so popping ears, plugged ears, etc are a really BAD thing for me to have. I have a tendency to fall down and go boom when my ears are plugged.

Have already tried putting hydrogen peroxide in them...that did nothing, as there was no wax to remove.
I don't "sniffle" because I know that makes it worse. I blow my nose gently too. Tried inhaling steam ( which made my sinuses feel better ) but it only helped until I pulled away...then they instantly plugged up again.
I've been taking oregano oil under the tongue for the infection ( and for my stomach ) but I still can't shake the ear fullness. Yesterday I thought maybe my time had come...Meniere's ends with going deaf...and I thought I had.
I had a flu two years ago that caused sudden " near deafness" for a period of two weeks...scariest two weeks of my life, as my ENT wasn't sure if it was the flu or the Meniere's.
My life is turning upside down right now. I couldn't even make it to my grandfather's funeral yesterday.
I have scoured the internet on ways to relieve this "inner ear disturbance " but none have worked.
I can't take Sudafed...makes my heart race. It's like being on twenty pots of coffee in one shot.
I've yawned so many times that my jaw feels like it's broken...and it only makes my right ear hurt more.
I also feel like there is no blood going into my brain ( from the sinuses or ears i guess )...had xrays done, blood work, etc because I nearly fainted a few days ago. All tests came back negative.
And of course the doctor suggested Sudafed...
Any ideas?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/12/cool-and-less-humid-air-decrease-nasal-congestion.aspx?e_cid=20120312_DNL_art_1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7QvfXp0Mzg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhkqFGxJthc
Oregano oil isn't best taken under the tongue -- it needs to be digested, so it's best taken with water as with any tincture.  But it isn't the strongest antibiotic -- it's more of an anti-fungal.  Garlic and goldenseal, to name two, are better antibiotics, and the strongest but one you have to careful of is colloidal silver.  That being said, were you on antibiotics several times for this?  Because if you were, that could be your problem.  Overuse of antibiotics causes a chronic die off of the beneficial organisms that protect us from infections.  Generally, sinus infections go away by themselves, but they can become chronic.  Have you tried homeopathy?  And as for Mineire's ear, there's no reason to fear deafness from it.  Dizziness, but not deafness.  You may have other issues, but you're putting too much emphasis on that one.  As for clearing, there are many teas and herbs that help with clearing mucous.  Perhaps it's time to do some research so you get the right remedies for the problems you have, and since this is recurring that probably would entail seeing a naturopath or other natural physician.  Good luck.
have you tried Elderberry?  And Zinc?  Both are great for sinus/ear problems as they promote healing and the Elderberry clears the nose, throat and lungs.

Hope this helps - best wishes