Alzheimer's Disease Community
Remba

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

Remba

Want to be cheered up , google Remba, it is being tested as we speak at Aberdeen Uni in Scotland, they are on the 3rd year of trials, if approved may be on the market in a year or two,
My apologies it is calle'd' Rember" I have just been to the site again for further information, if anyone is interested put;"Rember "into google. It is in phase 2 trial and will move to phase 3.. states that Sufferers taking the drug 3 times a day for 50 weeks showed a slower decline in blood flow to the parts of the memory that are vital.It is the first Med directly to attack the Tangles" that develop in the brains of those affected,and slows the progression of the disease up to 81%. Dr Sam Gandy of Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York says it shows reason for great hope.
I read about Rember also just last week. My boyfriend's mom may have Alzheimer's so I was doing some research online. This new drug certainly sounds promising. Last I heard is that it may be available in 2010, which would be fantastic.
Yes it does its really exciting , check out what the Doctor says about it on the new Doctor/Expert forum we have , click on the right. It could be the break through we all hope for, my Mom had this disease she is the reason I come here to give some input .I know what she went through.