risks of cancer
hi, i am 26 and i have been sexually active with 2partners at the same time for the last 7 years. one of my partners only had me as a sexual partner and never had other contacts.the other partner had previous unprotected sex but recently he's using a condom if every now and then he have sex with a different partner. i've been experencing abdominal pain - gynae said all results are negative but how can i know if there s a cervical cancer? when a smear test is taken and detects cancer, it will be too late as cancer will be too advanced. do you think i am risking other things?thanks
Hmm. this is an anal cancer forum so I dont know to much about the cervix. But I will tell you as far as any std is concerned unless you and your partner are virgins when you have S and only have S with eachother then you have No risk for any stds.

If you are worried about anal cancer see a colon/rectal doctor A pap smear can be done of the anal canal to check for hpv and cancer cells. An anscope can be done to see your anal canal. (these tests are quick and pain free). Some people think that they have to have anal sex to get anal hpv this is not the case as hpv can travel thru the system and then lodge in the anal canal.

As far as the pathology of both an Anal and cervical pap smear there are differnt cells they look for when testing your pap smear. There are differnant stages that the cells go thru before cancer starts. They grow in this order. First if HPV is present then they will determin if it is a strain that causes cancer. Then they will look for other cells to see the stage that is in your cervix or anal tissues. This method of testing is advanced. If she told you that your cervix is clear then you should be just fine. However the anal canal needs a smear as well if you are having any trouble in that area.

Good luck.
thank you todd. i will take your advice. thanks for the well explanation... i m a person that worry too much and your advice helped me a lot. thanks again
this theme
Anal cancer survivor here.  Never had an anal pap: no doc recommended.  Missed during a colonoscopy....so I wound up with stage IIIb.  

My advice: get the vaccine, and you know to practice safe sex.

HPV the strain that causes cancer strikes anus and believe cervix...so take advice of my oncologist.  Get the vaccine.  Believe you are in right age bracket.