Constant Rectal Pain - No Other Symptoms
I am posting because I have been have general rectal pain for something around six months now. I have been to specialists on two occasions and they have found no visible issue, and I have read about every medical issue I can find, but without any luck. I have had no strange bowel movement issues (color, frequency, size, etc). No bleeding at all, no swelling, nothing odd/no symptoms other than the pain.

The pain is pretty much constant all day long, it is not a sharp pain, it’s more of a burning or scratchy feeling. I can’t pinpoint the location exactly, nothing seems particularly sensitive to touch, but generally it feels like it’s more external or near the exterior than internal. Sitting typically aggravates it more than standing or moving, but like I said, it doesn’t completely go away when I am not sitting, it is just worse if I sit a lot. Bowel movements don’t produce pain. It has never woken me up from sleep, nor kept me from falling asleep. Some days can be pretty rough though and it is making it hard for me to do anything comfortably, from working, to driving, to watching a movie. It is driving me out of my mind as I am uncomfortable pretty much all day long every day.

I am young (twenties), male, in-shape (and always have been in shape), eat healthy (fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc.), I am not a vegetarian/vegan, I have no allergies that I have ever found, no prescriptions, no diseases I know of. No recent change in habits or diet.

The doctor tried prescribing Anusol suppositories for a month, it seemed to help some, but it didn’t fully eliminate the pain, and as soon as I ran out, it came right back. Currently I am trying Canasa (a stronger anti-inflammatory prescription, combined with a low dosage of valium for muscle relaxing) with the same results. It seems to help, but I still feel it, and am pretty confident once those prescriptions run out, it’ll be coming right on back. When I was without prescription anti-inflammatories, I tried to use typical hemorrhoid cream to get some kind of relief. It seemed to help a bit, but not a ton.

I seriously need to figure out what is wrong, but no one seems to have a clue, doctors included. This is driving me insane!
Hi..
I am female,63 and have nerve issues, am not diabetic but I have.peripheral neuropathy..
similar  issues rectally..oh my goodness, had to comment to try to help you,
I  use a pre-prepared xylocaine viscous 4% liquid applied by applicator  inside rectum or around rectal area..I have nerve rectal pain..quite severe at times...
...I know what you mean by being able to pinpoint the pain..that is why I think it could be nerve related..
Blessings.
Has this nerve disorder caused you pain in other areas? I have been dealing with all sorts if joint pains for over two years. I've stumped countless doctors and physical therapists and still don't have any cure/explanation..
I have had the same symptoms for the last 6 months. Did this ever go away for you?  Or did you figure out what it was and how to treat it?  I've been to multiple drs and no one knows what is wrong. It's so frustrating!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Dr_Brown joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 20
Icannot commented on First Entry
Jun 14
Icannot commented on Barb135's status
Jun 14