4mm Carotid Aneurysm
They found a 4mm carotid aneurysm in my scan last week. I am to get a CT Angiogram Wed and then see the neurosurgeon in August. I am on coumadin due to a blood clot in my sagittal sinus (reason why they found the aneurysm) from 2009. Was just wondering if someone has been through this process before and what I need to expect.

Thank you
Hi!
I assume it is an internal carotid artery aneurysm. In your case it was an incidental finding while an MRI was being done for some other reason. Also, 4mm aneurysm is very small. If there are no symptoms related to this aneurysm, this can be considered Grade 0 and not have much risk of rupture or bleed. Hence may not need treatment. However, your doctor is the best judge, so go as per his/her advice. Hope this helps. Take care!
Good luck and don't worry. A CT scan after auto accident showed 3 aneurysms in my brain the biggest has been coiled it was 10mm x 8mm at the basiler artery. The other 2 were small  on the right side of brain and were fixed by a crainiotomy.
Thanks for the advice. I go in next week for an angiogram to rule out a dural fistula. Hope it gets ruled out!
Wow, did they have a reason why you had so many? I go in for an angiogram next week
They have no idea why 3 were in there...I just hope and pray I getno more of them...