Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Aneurysm Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

1 - 20 (of 1224) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
How does alcohol impact having them? My dad, uncle and grandfather all dies from them. I believe 2 by brain and 1 by heart.
  Posted
I am 53,for the past year I began to notice I was having headaches,more frequently.I wake with a head ache and about a 2 months ago I felt a soft bump(not a pimple) on the center of my right temple. When I begin to feel they were coming ...
  Posted
Hello. I am posting this comment for my father who is a 53 year old man with a descending aorta aneurysm. He has been diagnosed with this problem in 2006. The aorta was expanded 4.4 cm. Years later, now in 2010, his aorta is at a 4.9. He...
  Posted
I have Marfans Syndrome and an enlarged aorta. I am wondering what effects smoking Marijuana can have on my heart or if it could actually trigger an aneurysm. I have smoked before and was always fine until recently I started getting pani...
  Posted
I was having back pains at first and then pains towards the lower right side of my abdomen. It took me 2 ultrasounds (7 months apart) and a cat scan with contrast to finally diagnose me. They found the hepatic aneurysm in the ultrasound ...
  Posted
I was born in 1989 at 25.5 weeks gestation. I worry about having a AVM (arterio venous malformation) because i waa a severe preemie. Does anyone know if us preemies are checked out for AVM's? If I had one would I be one of the ones ...
  Posted
Hi for the longest time I have noticed if I lay down on my back I can see my pulse in my stomach and feel it as well. I've notice it being like this for maybe 5-6 years. I am 20 years old 6 feet tall and 210 pounds not very active should...
  Posted
My uncle apparently died of an aneurism- I believe because he died in Cambodia that he might not have had a proper post-mortem. I am 39 and just had a physical which only tested EKG, Barium, Chest X-ray, Creatine- slightly elevated (not...
  Posted
I have pins and needles and tingling in mouth and tongue, it's been happening for about a month now on and off, it goes away when I eat or drink, When I stop it comes back again, advice or anyone know what it could be?
  Posted
My Dad has just been diagnosed with a 6.2 cm AAA. The Dr says he is a candidate for Endovascular surgery but must first pass the pre-operative screening. My concern is that he also suffers from COPD. Has anyone undergone Endovascular sur...
  Posted
I have suffered on and off with bulimia for 20-21 years. I have been told that I have an aortic dilation of 4.2 and I also have a bicuspid aortic valve. Is there a chance that my bulimic tendencies have made the aneurysm worse than it sh...
  Posted
Hey guys, so about a year ago I had a CT angiography because I had a hemorage. They have now found 15 brain aneurysms. , I'm only 26. I was wondering whether anyone has heard of anyone having this many? I can't seem to find any informati...
  Posted
5520965 tn?1391554478
Hi all, So I have finally had my CT & Echo imaging done at Stanford. The aortic aneurysm, at the mid-ascending aorta has advanced from 4.4cm to 4.7cm. The cardiologists impression of my pulmonary aneurysm was "moderate to severely en...
  Posted
Is it possible to detect or diagnose a mild stroke many years after it has occurred? I'm currently 45 years old, but about 18 years ago, shortly after my 27th birthday, I believe I experienced an event which in my opinion was very likely...
  Posted
For about 3 months i've been experiencing back problems thinking it was the bed i slept in so i put it off now very recently i've come across what feels like heavy pressure on my chest that comes and goes but now suddenly it follows up w...
  Posted
just trying to ease my mind lately. getting married and this nagging fear keeps rearing its head. back in 2010 i had an MRI and MRA with no contrast done to detect any aneurysms and results were normal. this past february 2015 i had ...
  Posted
I went to a Life Line Screening recently and under the "Measurement" column for my newfound abdominal aortic aneurysm it stated the following: 3.7x3.7x3.7 cm. I googled "aortic abdominal aneurysms measurement types" plus went to other an...
  Posted
Hi,I'm a 41 year old male,with a cerebral brain aneurism since the 10th September last year I had 2 ct scans 2 MRI scans & a lumber puncture,I've been with a permanent headache since this date as it was to small to operate on at the time...
  Posted
I had an X-ray for scatia pain and found what was said to be a calcified splenic aneurysm so I had an MRA and that report just states a splenic aneurysm 16mmx15mmx15mm it did not say if it was calcified or not so I am confused on that a...
  Posted
My uncle recently passed away of a stroke following surgery to repair a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. Just prior to surgery my cousin was told that the aneurysm had ruptured 2 weeks ago but had clotted. Has anyone heard of this? I ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Aneurysm Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...