Aneurysm Community
Advice please , is this serious neurology issue or cardiac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Hi , I have ehlers Danlos syndrome - type 3 Hypermobilty type.. For a long while now I have had wooshing sounds , mainly at night , but sometimes day too ... In left ear only.. It is getting worse overtime and now I am getting pulsating vision with it . More and more frequent with a pressure feeling in my head... I also crack my neck so many times a day , that couldn't even estimate how many ? And have noticed that pressing C1-3 area makes symptoms worse...
I have othostatic hypotension and tachycardia secondary to my Ehlers Danlos... We have strong cardiac history in both sides of family , stroke , diabetes , brain tumours , and cancers throughout family , including my parents... Is the increase of symptoms something to worry about? Have had ct,scans in past with no contrast and were fine approximately 8 years ago... Jo
Hi!
I can understand your concerns, especially since you suffer from Ehlers Danlos syndrome and have a strong family history of several medical problems. Since you have tinnitus (abnormal sound in ear) with probably blurred vision (pulsating vision), you need to rule out certain possibilities: temporomandibular joint disorder (common in this syndrome), ocular migraine, stroke, aneurysm, very low blood pressure (since you have postural hypotension), diabetes, and maybe even anemia. For this you will need to undergo blood pressure monitoring and certain investigations. Please talk to your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thankyou for the reply... Many of my eds friends have suggested some of the above and I will go and get checked... What you wrote is common..I'm hoping its simply a form of migraine...
When I wrote common - was meaning in eds people..am trying not to worry but symptoms getting worse quickly... Does anyone here know good Ehlers doctors in Sydney Australia... It's hard to find drs as its a rare syndrome... Can cardiologists check me for any of the above issues? I have a good one... And not under any neuro at the moment... It's so hard to find drs for eds issues
Just don't know the answers to your questions, but sometimes you have to be your own detective.  Sorry I can't tell you more.