Angina Community
Can an abnormal ekg be normal for me?

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Can an abnormal ekg be normal for me?

Can an abnormal ekg be normal for me? My EKGs have always been abnormal and it always says Myocardial infarction. My cardiologist doesnt seem to be concerned about it though. I was recently diagnosed with cardiomyopathy not sure if it was Post partum or viral though. Not sure if the abnormal ekgs have anything to do with my diagnoses of cardiomyopathy since my ekgs have always shown that since I was a young teen and I'm now 30 years old.
Hi there!

Well, it would be difficult to comment on the situation without knowing the precise change seen on the EKG, though cardiomyopathy/ myocarditis may present as abnormal EKGs and so could other few conditions. I would suggest getting the EKG read by a cardiologist and seeking his/ her views about the changes observed.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!