Angina Community
Heart Rate Problems

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Heart Rate Problems

I have been laying in bed for a few hours I was fine when I first laid down and about an hour after laying down suddenly my heart rate spiked to 126. I am 20 years old and I do have asthma. My heart rate is still near 130 and I have pain on the left side near my lung and in my chest. I also feel like I'm going to pass out. Also short of breath. I live alone. I am not anxious or nervous really so what could this be? And should I go get checked out?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You should have yourself evaluated for the chest pain. It becomes all the more significant because of your associated symptoms of shortness of breath and dizziness. It could be angina, pain due to inadequate supply of oxygen to the heart muscle. This could be more relevant if you are a smoker, are overweight, have a positive family history, are a diabetic and have hypertension. The other causes to consider would be cervical spondylosis (neck problem) or disorders of the nerves, muscle or shoulder joint. It would be wise to consult a doctor just to be sure it’s nothing more serious.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.