Angina Community
Pacemaker replacement criteria
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pacemaker replacement criteria

Hi.. had my first pacemaker placed 5/ 2005. Almost at my 8 year  mark. Just had yearly visit with MD &  the manufacturer rep.  I am 100% dependent on PM.  The rep said I am good to go anytime for replacement. Dr. says will watch on a monthly basis now for the magic end of life signal on the PM. FREAKS me out... I have ins & want to know what criteria is used to make the determination to replace. Is it just that signal or  are there other indications ?  I am 62 1/2 years old & no other medical issues.  This is causing a great deal of stress..
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

It not the magical end of the signal or the heartbeat that is noted for, as a criterion for pacemaker replacement, but rather the pacemaker activity is monitored regularly after a time-limit specified by the manufacturer and any indication of compromise of signal activity is taken as an indication for replacement. In short your cardiologist knows best when to replace the pacemaker without putting your life into danger.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Thank you for your response. I am monitored now on a monthly basis.  My 8 yr  period is May 3. Is the compromise you speak of the  reduction of power on the Pacemaker ?

Is it feasabile to replace it based on just the 8 year  time period set by pacemaker manufacturer ?

Thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Angina Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank